The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gt3 rumor is true

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U can see in this video they literally cut everything off except the center section lol. And then weld the shiznit out of that and add their own subframes front and rear. Wild as hell but def not a s650, absolutely incredible what engineers dream up

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Columbia, TN
U can see in this video they literally cut everything off except the center section lol. And then weld the shiznit out of that and add their own subframes front and rear. Wild as hell but def not a s650, absolutely incredible what engineers dream up
Its a bit like drag racing... "It has the factory firewall so that means it's a ..." , well maybe that's a touch over exaggerated.

But yeah, when I saw those three ribs welded into the floor area, I was thinking wow that's nice, wonder what else is fab'd and welded?

I love this though! I say bring it! Let's have more. I really love when the OE's compete like this. Makes me wonder how they weld those Ferraris 🤔

A behind the scenes video on the GT4 would be sweet since that's supposed to be more attainable for us mere mortals.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
In my opinion, dating way back...........Mustangs and Corvettes are not in the same genre/league.........whatever..........Corvettes have morphed into high priced sports cars........mid engine mind you........Mustangs have always offered great performance at an affordable price..........but that is getting up there...........also.........I'm glad I bought my Boss when I did and I'm still around to enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im excited to see the Mustang GT3 up against the Europeans.

Porsche 911’s, Ferrari 488’s, Lamborghini Huracan’s, Audi R8’s, Mercedes AMG’s, Aston Martin, Mclaren 720s’s. Then you have the BMW M4, Acura NSX, Lexas RCF.
Should be great racing.
Wish the Bentley Continental was still racing, it also sounded amazing

When I tell people I work for a race team their first question is " NASCAR?".
I'm like uhmm no, sportscar racing. Their next question is what car do I work with, ..Mustangs.
Then it's " mustangs! What do you race against?".
Uhmm Porsches, Maclaren, Ferraris, Aston Martins..
Then comes the " I didn't know mustangs could compete against those"
I see....

BS-1.........I laughed at first when I read your post but then I didn't.........Mustangs are a force to be reckoned with.............I don't care who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......or where you come from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors