The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gt3 stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks Rob and regardless of what you own or have owned the Aggressively Beautiful GT3 Mustang is so stunning it will likely draw many customers and fans over , because it is also Stunningly Sinister. Great looking beast and if they could just incorporate an better dash in the street car they may drag a few old farts over to the new Horse.

The racing program Worldwide is dynamic and though I can not afford any of the various levels, I applaud Ford for moving forward and challenging so many other makes who have dominated various areas of Sports Car Racing.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I happy to see Ford competing with the Mustang GT3. I like sports car racing but I had no idea that using the floor pan and maybe the firewall is all you needed of the original car. So Ford must build the floor pan and firewall and send it off to Multimatic or does Ford send them all the pieces for the floor pan and firewall and Multimatic puts it together? Doesn't look like a body in white.
Kind of reminds me of this theoretical conversation among mechanics at lunch time.. Customer "how bad is it?" . Mechanic "If it was mine I'd jack up the radiator cap and put a new truck under it.

I happy to see Ford competing with the Mustang GT3. I like sports car racing but I had no idea that using the floor pan and maybe the firewall is all you needed of the original car. So Ford must build the floor pan and firewall and send it off to Multimatic or does Ford send them all the pieces for the floor pan and firewall and Multimatic puts it together? Doesn't look like a body in white.
Kind of reminds me of this theoretical conversation among mechanics at lunch time.. Customer "how bad is it?" . Mechanic "If it was mine I'd jack up the radiator cap and put a new truck under it.
The Supervan 4.2 is a one off unlimited class car.. err van.
The Gt3 is a little more legit, stock floor pans.. sort of, same with the firewall, I will go as far as to say the tub is mostly stock, at least the interior panels.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
I think @blacksheep-1 has witnessed where having bolt-on front and rear clips replacing the factory unibody sheetmetal on a dedicated racecar makes it much easier to repair the inevitable crash damage. I believe he posted earlier this year about a Lambo or Audi R8 being repaired at a race he was working. Forgive me if my memory has it wrong.

I think @blacksheep-1 has witnessed where having bolt-on front and rear clips replacing the factory unibody sheetmetal on a dedicated racecar makes it much easier to repair the inevitable crash damage. I believe he posted earlier this year about a Lambo or Audi R8 being repaired at a race he was working. Forgive me if my memory has it wrong.
Yep, both the Mercedes and the R8 had a continuous hydroformed frame where our Aston Martin had replaceable front and rear subframes. Not sure they can pull that off with the Gt3 car.. but def not in the Gt4, and looks like you'd have to cut the clips off in the Supervan.

TMO Supporting Vendors