The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 external fuel guage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does/has anyone added an seperate fuel level gauge on a stock setup? Aim is super cool and doesnt have a pid for the fuel guage on their dash for the gt350 so i have no clue what amount of fuel i have in the car. Would like to tap into the sending unit and run a autometer in the dash vent or something

Does/has anyone added an seperate fuel level gauge on a stock setup? Aim is super cool and doesnt have a pid for the fuel guage on their dash for the gt350 so i have no clue what amount of fuel i have in the car. Would like to tap into the sending unit and run a autometer in the dash vent or something
Assuming the OEM sender uses resistance, you'd have to know the ohm range of the OEM sender and try to find a gauge that uses the same range.
You can add fuel to the Aim dash by adding an adapter to convert the resistance to a 0-5V output. You still need to know the OEM resistance range to have the adapter calibrated. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I used Iron Canyon Motorsports for it but that was for an SN95 so can't help with your settings.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
The in tank senders are not very stable or accurate during track conditions. I don't think you will see accurate informations. What you might try is picking up the fuel flow numbers in lbs/hr and converting that into a formula to read number of gallons. I think Chris @captdistraction might be able to help get the correct CAN info.

Assuming the OEM sender uses resistance, you'd have to know the ohm range of the OEM sender and try to find a gauge that uses the same range.
You can add fuel to the Aim dash by adding an adapter to convert the resistance to a 0-5V output. You still need to know the OEM resistance range to have the adapter calibrated. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I used Iron Canyon Motorsports for it but that was for an SN95 so can't help with your settings.
Im pretty sure the oem is 0-360ohms

TMO Supporting Vendors