The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT350R Race Car Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much does the stock oem gt350 hood weigh?
I’m considering buying the GT4 hood but am curious on the weight difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't weighed it, but I'm guessing 30-35lb. I bet the CF GT4 Hood will save at least 20lb. Only $600/lb ;)

It will reduce front lift with the additional venting, but you'd need to enclose the Air Filter to prevent intake losses.

Black Boss, Have you figured out how to disable the seat belt chime? I'm thinking it will require the drivers seat belt wiring harness to be grounded?

Black Boss, Have you figured out how to disable the seat belt chime? I'm thinking it will require the drivers seat belt wiring harness to be grounded?

I don't believe it's a simple ground. On the S197, it required a resistor, which I figured out. I'm not going to bother on this build -- you don't hear it on the track, and I live with it on the Red car.....

I don't believe it's a simple ground. On the S197, it required a resistor, which I figured out. I'm not going to bother on this build -- you don't hear it on the track, and I live with it on the Red car.....

That is the same thing Dean said, "you don't hear it on the track". I'm leaving it alone.

There is a trick for disabling the charm where you turn on the ignition and then clip and unclip the seatbelt several times to turn it off permanently. Will that work for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin is right, the chime can be disabled -- the resistor was to eliminate the Air bag light from the seat......

Is that conversion crank a bolt in piece? Or machine work required?

Crank and Cams are bolt in. Engine harness has to be re-pinned to change firing order. While it's apart I'm putting in Manley Rods and the Billet Oil pump.

You should make a display out of the FPC and cams...

That's the plan :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel