The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hankook tire pressure recommendations for the track?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Greenbrier, TN
I’m trying out a set of RS4 on the new Apex 11’s. Their tire guide goes against everything I’ve ever read about tire pressures?

[An approximate hot pressure target for DOT approved R-compound road racing tires is 40 psi. It could be a few pounds less for lighter cars, and a few pounds more for heavier cars]

I know Hankook RS4 is a popular tire. What have you all been finding to be the best pressure on the track?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Arizona
I have run 305/30R19 RS4s for about a year and have been running 37psi front and 36 rear hot. I think I would lower these slightly if I dialed in more camber as I still wear the outer edge of the fronts. Running -2.7 degrees front and -1.8 rear right now. Rear seems about right, front should probably be adjusted to -3.0 or more, but I need to cut the top of the strut tower.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Greenbrier, TN
That’s more in line with what I’ve been running but I was a little taken back to see they recommended 40psi + for heavier cars.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel