The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Harnesses with Stock Seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleek48

Tapatalk User
I have a question for those of you who have put harnesses in with stock seats. I am likely going with the Schroth Four Point ASM belts with a harness bar and am wondering how to order the belt ends.

I have been working with Pete at TDS to order some four point ASM harnesses and wondered if you were able to connect your harnesses to the stock factory seat belt bolting areas. If so, did you need any special attachment accessories or ends from the harness mfg? I was thinking of going with the standard bolt in (non removable ends).

Thanks!

I’m also planning on using the Schroth Profi II ASM Belts and will mount the lap belts to the rear seat bolts using Schroth B23A brackets. I called Schroth and discussed and this should work fine. There is very little room on the tunnel side of the seats but I have the brackets and have looked at it and it should work. If you’re ordering two sets of belts make sure you order a left and right one. A couple of other items: I had Schroth Profi II belts in my Boss and had the lap belts setup as pull down. With the ASM I ordered them as pull up. I also asked Schroth about the washers that come with the brackets and if they are necessary to use. I was told they are not needed and I plan on using the brackets between the bolt head and the seat rail.

gleek48

Tapatalk User
VoodooBOSS said:
I’m also planning on using the Schroth Profi II ASM Belts and will mount the lap belts to the rear seat bolts using Schroth B23A brackets. I called Schroth and discussed and this should work fine. There is very little room on the tunnel side of the seats but I have the brackets and have looked at it and it should work. If you’re ordering two sets of belts make sure you order a left and right one. A couple of other items: I had Schroth Profi II belts in my Boss and had the lap belts setup as pull down. With the ASM I ordered them as pull up. I also asked Schroth about the washers that come with the brackets and if they are necessary to use. I was told they are not needed and I plan on using the brackets between the bolt head and the seat rail.

Thanks Rick again!

A few follow-ups:

1)Will the B23A brackets allow for appropriate adjustment of the belts by being able to rotate around the T50 Torx bolt?
2) Do the harness brackets go between the bolt head and the oem seatbelt bracket OR between the OEM bracket and seat/floor?
3) Does anyone know the appropriate torque level for these two bolts?
4) Why pull up vs. pull down on the ASM belts?

Thanks again!

gleek48 said:
Thanks Rick again!

A few follow-ups:

1)Will the B23A brackets allow for appropriate adjustment of the belts by being able to rotate around the T50 Torx bolt?
2) Do the harness brackets go between the bolt head and the oem seatbelt bracket OR between the OEM bracket and seat/floor?
3) Does anyone know the appropriate torque level for these two bolts?
4) Why pull up vs. pull down on the ASM belts?

Thanks again!

1 The brackets don't rotate and you don't want them to. The belts move on the brackets.
2 The brackets fit between the bolt head and seat rail.
3 35 ft lbs
4 I think pull up is more ergonomic and will allow you to pull the lap belts tighter. This is especially important with the four point ASM system. Either way is fine but I've used belts in a pull down mode and think the pull up will be better.

I went a different route.

I'm sure this will make some of you cringe. LOL

I don't run any sanctioned races. :p

Works awesome.

DSC01565_zpsademsfyz.jpg

Actually cut and placed mine further forward than this pic. :)

Car safety is a personal decision and anything short of a full roll cage, fire suppression system, race seat, Hans, fire suit and anything else you can think of is a compromise. Determine what you're comfortable and use it. Many of us have used the sub belt mount below but I'm going to use the Schroth ASM belts in my GT350.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10976.msg161437#msg161437

101_0401_zps2ebdh6hf.jpg

DEye

You can't get there from here...
SCGT500 said:
I went a different route.

I'm sure this will make some of you cringe. LOL

I don't run any sanctioned races. :p

Works awesome.

DSC01565_zpsademsfyz.jpg

Actually cut and placed mine further forward than this pic. :)

And if it's mounted properly it does it's job!
The lap belt is still supposed to take most of the load, the anti-sub belts job is to help keep the lap belt where it can do its job.
http://www.schrothracing.com/sdocs/2009_Competition_Instructions.pdf
Having them incorrectly located is not an option, it's makes their use dangerous!
ProperRacingHarnessMounting.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors