The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hello !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just wanted to say Hi !

I own the 2012 PP0005 Laguna Seca Black/Red 352 miles, and a 2013 BOSS 302 #1441 Race Red.
I've got all the documentation on the PP car, including both window stickers, detailed build info, Car Show appearances in 2011, and probably the only owners kit that states "Pre Production" !
I don't drive the Laguna, but I try to get the 13 out as much as the weather permits !

I'm looking forward to getting some great info on these amazing cars !
Cheers !
Jason

Hey Jason, Welcome to BMO. I was wondering when you'd show up here. Be sure and post up photos of your cars. The link below has some tips on posting photos and videos.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

PP0005 said:
Just wanted to say Hi !

I own the 2012 PP0005 Laguna Seca Black/Red 352 miles, and a 2013 BOSS 302 #1441 Race Red.
I've got all the documentation on the PP car, including both window stickers, detailed build info, Car Show appearances in 2011, and probably the only owners kit that states "Pre Production" !
I don't drive the Laguna, but I try to get the 13 out as much as the weather permits !

I'm looking forward to getting some great info on these amazing cars !
Cheers !
Jason

Jason, congrats on your Pilot Production car purchase!

To the best of my knowledge the PP cars all had an engine build date on the engine pad just above the water pump. It is about 3/4" square and if should show the assembly date of your engine on this paid.

I do not believe the regular production Boss or LS cars have engine assembly dates inscribed on this pad at least my other '12 LS does not?

My engine was assembled on 072010 and suggest your engine was assembled around that date as well?

Most of these early engines were numbered by the factory by a factory worker. Does your block indicate what number is it? It should be indicated by some kind of marker the factory workers used to keep track of these early blocks?

My car is up to approximately 880 miles now so have driven it about 250 miles since I bought the car in January.

I sent you a PM earlier today.

Harry

:)

On my car, the date on the block pad predates my engine assembly by a day. You can find your engine serial number and date of production on the sticker under the driver's side coil cover. Note that the label may be getting worn away by a rubber pad on the inside of the coil cover, so you may want to address that sooner rather than later to preserve the data. The engine label shows the serial number at the bottom left side. The number is of the format Ennnn DDMMYYxxxx where xxxx is the sequential number for that day of manufacture.

TMO Supporting Vendors