The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help! GT350 Brake fitting size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi Guys -

I was in the process of replacing my OEM brake lines on my 2017 GT350 with Goodridge Braided Brake lines.

Unfortunately in the process of removing the old brake line (rear) the brake line fitting (male) got completely stripped when removing it from the OEM block. The passenger side came out with ease but the driver side not so much. Does anyone know the size of the thread on the block for the rear? It appears to be a 10x1.5mm but all I can find is 10x1.0mm. I am going to need to cut my OEM brake line and install a new fitting and the flare it. I just can't seem to find the right size. Any help or ideas that you can give me will be greatly appreciated. (See attached picture)
IMG_0072.jpg

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
@GT350 Junky I had a similar, but less severe issue with the Drivers rear -- thread was just a little burred -- ran a nut up and down the thread to clean up. Seem to remember it being M10 x 1.25, but it may have been 1.5.

Running a new pipe may well be the best option -- the rear end routing is a bit of a challenge, but no where near as bad as the passenger side. The good news is the front end is easy -- it terminates at a connector in the rear of the front wheel well which is easy to access with the wheel liner removed.

Thanks for the help guys. I am going to call and order a new brake line tomorrow. Out of everything that I am doing to the car this was supposed to be the easiest part! That is what happens when you have to tinker I guess!

Thanks again.

TMO Supporting Vendors