The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help! No key detected!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
California
Is there a way to bypass the key fob detector? My 2018 GT got caught on fire from the trunk and reached up to the back of the front seats. Now it’s showing “no key detected” when pressing the push start button. The wiring that goes to the trunk got burnt, so the trunk does not open anymore from the button of the driver side, the button at the trunk and the key fob trunk open. Would the key fob detector be affected if the wiring for the trunk is cut? My car is Totaled and will be buying it back from the insurance, I just need to find a way to get it to start and drive it from the shop back to my apartment, help will be very much appreciatedIMG_9966.jpegIMG_9968.jpegIMG_9967.jpeg please!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Melbourne Australia
I hope this is legit but worth a shot

Seems like it is legit, also found this here as well, same location.

Sorry to hear this.

theres a key detector on the rear speaker panel that needs to be functioning. Replace that along with the wiring harness feeding it and then check for error codes in the various vehicle modules with Forscan.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel