The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2018 GT350 clutch noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey I own a 2018 GT350 with a mcleod rxt clutch and I have this noise, is it normal? Have you heard of it?
Happens when lifting the clutch pedal in first or second, also happens when rolling and going on and off the gas at low rpm, it is way louder but doesnt sound as loud on cam.
Ignore my leg movement had to readjust as camera was in the way lol

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I've never heard anything like that.
But I wonder, why do you wiggle your foot around? It could be the cause of the noise. It's certainly not normal to do that and there's no need to do it.
Try shifting without all that foot motion, just press straight down on the clutch and release it the same way.

I've never heard anything like that.
But I wonder, why do you wiggle your foot around? It could be the cause of the noise. It's certainly not normal to do that and there's no need to do it.
Try shifting without all that foot motion, just press straight down on the clutch and release it the same way.
oh that was because the camera was in the way so I had to readjust haha, I usually do it normally and press it all the way down and release the same way..

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Assuming you still have the original style drive shaft. I would look at the carrier bearing, cushion for the center bearing first. It can bounce around a bit on start up and then center itself with speed.

A build thread, vehicle profile could also be helpful in diagnosing your problem. We could then see what you have done to your car (cool stuff) and have an idea what parts may have already been swapped out.

Assuming you still have the original style drive shaft. I would look at the carrier bearing, cushion for the center bearing first. It can bounce around a bit on start up and then center itself with speed.

A build thread, vehicle profile could also be helpful in diagnosing your problem. We could then see what you have done to your car (cool stuff) and have an idea what parts may have already been swapped out.
It happens even after driving awhile, not only on startup.
I got the clutch installed awhile ago maybe 6-8 months, and always had the sound.
since then have had a new transmission with throwout bearing installed, mgw shifter, SW catted headers, JLT intake and tune and some other minor stuff

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Maybe startup was not the best choice of words on my part.
What I meant was when starting to move from a stop.
If the clutch is fully engaged, your foot off the pedal and the sound is there when you accelerate from slow speeds. The problem may not be the clutch. Again, look at the center bearing and rubber support pillow.

TMO Supporting Vendors