The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Installing of a new dash gauges/instruments - looking for tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am going to install new dash gauges (replacemenet of the OEM gauges/instruments with just different colors, not additional ones or changing the layout) and I have not found really helpful tips while googling. So perhaps you have some experience or can share a link etc. that could help me, as I have no experience at all. Special area of interest:
1. Which parts/covers do I need get out of the way to get access to the driver gauges and how do I get them "lose" / how are they fastened?
2. Anything special that I need to know while taking the OEM gauges out like position of a needle or anything like that?
3. Proper way of taking the needles of?

Something like this would be nice ::): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfzPVNPBjdM

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel