The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Just a proud parent moment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had my first Track Day Experience with Scarlett Friday night!

To set the stage, I am a recently new member of the Oklahoma Mustangs Club and this was my first event with them. At least once a month, these guys get together at the local Sheriff's training track and do some laps. This was first experience ever with road racing and let me tell you, having this set of wheels to train on definitely helps! I was like a proud parent at school showing off their baby and the Boss got mad love from everyone. Saw a couple Shelby's but low and behold only one Boss. We really do have the keepers!

As for my track experience, I feel a lot better about theory and now just need to put in seat time to get better! Takes awhile to get away from the instinctive "hug the corner" tactic that comes from to many video games growing up...

Tulsa, OK
Awesome 8) Welcome to the addiction...lol

I've been over to the Sheriff's track once and had a great time. OMC puts on a great track day and they are stupid cheap. Kind of a mix between auto-x and a road course. If you liked that you should check out Hallett sometime! Here is a video from when I was out there. I may have to check it out again before the year is up...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/URX7YsfQQB8?list=UUmaSn8oq2xjta40yaX6ZSVA[/youtube]

The Boss does deliver. Do you have any photos or video from your event? Did you attend BTA? That was my first track experience in a heavy weight high HP car and I've been sucked into the black hole ever since. ;D

Catching the bug is so bad for your wallet, if you already have started a list of things to buy and, don't own one, put down a GoPro Hero 3 Black. Well worth the money to make nice track videos to show off and learn from.

I would love to grab a go pro. Just don't have the coin right now... We have a guy with 3 of them that he runs on track days and they get great footage.

Thanks for the compliments guys! It was my first time but the people of OMC are awesome and did some good ride along training with me prior to going all out.

My buddy shooting video on his cell captured them in a weird format called 3gp so not sure how to upload it to this post?

OKCBossman said:
I would love to grab a go pro. Just don't have the coin right now... We have a guy with 3 of them that he runs on track days and they get great footage.

Thanks for the compliments guys! It was my first time but the people of OMC are awesome and did some good ride along training with me prior to going all out.

My buddy shooting video on his cell captured them in a weird format called 3gp so not sure how to upload it to this post?

Probably can be uploaded to youtube which can then be linked here.

TMO Supporting Vendors