The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
In that case I better bring the new car 🤣

View attachment 67719
Okay, I have to see how you did the exhaust.....I wanted to do the same thing to mine but there just didn't seem to be a good way with the torque arm in the way....can you share some pics?

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Okay, I have to see how you did the exhaust.....I wanted to do the same thing to mine but there just didn't seem to be a good way with the torque arm in the way....can you share some pics?
Exhaust crosses under tailshaft of trans and rises up through the left fuel hat location as a single 4" and out the quarter panel. The exhaust gets enclosed inside the car in a metal box. Nick has pics in his build thread.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Exhaust crosses under tailshaft of trans and rises up through the right fuel hat location as a single 4" and out the quarter panel. The exhaust gets enclosed inside the car in a metal box. Nick has pics in his build thread.
1629714541483.png

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Erlanger, KY
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages:
2019 Shelby GT350R
Track/Course: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Best Lap Time: 1:39.448 (lap 2 followed by lap 3 of 1:39.822)
Brake Pads: Stock Brembo
Tires (Size & Model): Stock Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 2 305/30R19 & 315/30R19
Suspension: Stock except BMR FC003 camber Bolts
Did you have the camber set before this session, or did you use it as it arrived from Ford? I did not alter anything about the car, so can't even confirm it was set properly.

I have been at Mid-Ohio twice now, one driving course and one Chin Track Days and I knew the car had a 1:39 or better in it without aftermarket modifications. I also know a number of places I can improve to get there (curious to try your 4-3 shift after entering the Chicane, vs just before the Key Hole).

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sorry to make you update this again but….

Fabman--136.508 ‘06 Mustang/Coyote swapped race car. Full Cortex suspension/Hoosiers.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Didn’t see an update for my VIR Full Course time back in April, 2:12.86. (south start/finish) 2:11.93 (North Start/finish stopwatch). Didn’t realize Solo2 was using south. 19x11 Apex SM-10 square, 305/315 30 19 cup2’s MM camber plates, Autoblip. Thanks

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Didn’t see an update for my VIR Full Course time back in April, 2:12.86. (south start/finish) 2:11.93 (North Start/finish stopwatch). Didn’t realize Solo2 was using south. 19x11 Apex SM-10 square, 305/315 30 19 cup2’s MM camber plates, Autoblip. Thanks
took care of it.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
A couple for me to drop in here now. Car is basically stock, now has alignment parts (camber plates & bolts, camber arms, toe links. Driver info - I've now done 3 events in this car, 2 of which are below and the other I didn't have a track app yet. Previously did a handful of track events and Bondurant school 10-20 years ago.

Track: Barber Motorsports Park
When: July 2021 with NASA Mid-South (First time there, 2nd event in this car)
Time: 1:45.937
Car: 2020 GT350, stock
Tires: OEM SC2s
Suspension: Stock, street alignment

Track: Nashville SuperSpeedway
When: August 2021 with NASA Mid-South (3rd time there, first in 10 years, 3nd event in this car)
Time: 1:09.676
Car: 2020 GT350
Tires: OEM SC2s
Suspension: Steeda camber plates & camber bolts, SPC camber arms, BMR toe links

Chip

View attachment 68111
Corvettes are amazing. To be able to track at that pace while driving the entire lap in the dead center of the track is impressive.
very true. A friend of mine wanted to get involved in HPDE so I told him to buy a C5 (sorry, not sorry lol) He picked up a 04 Z06 with 20k miles for $22K. May be higher than average used C5 price but it looks as though it just rolled off the showroom floor. Best performance per dollar out there.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
View attachment 68111

very true. A friend of mine wanted to get involved in HPDE so I told him to buy a C5 (sorry, not sorry lol) He picked up a 04 Z06 with 20k miles for $22K. May be higher than average used C5 price but it looks as though it just rolled off the showroom floor. Best performance per dollar out there.
unlike.JPG

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I'm not selling out Sal. I've invested a lot of time and money in my S197 (as if you haven't), and I don't have an IRS and SLA suspension setup like the Vettes. Those advantages in geometry are hard to deny...or outrun. I do enjoy passing them, though. Almost as much as GT3s.
I'm just kidding...

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
I'm just kidding...
You don't have to be kidding. Racing W2W is crazy competitive, and you should have a chip on your shoulder. The times you are putting down with 16 year old architecture and beautifully cobbled together parts is impressive. Much more impressive than the buy it and track it crowd. The same goes for the majority of people on this site. Making a Mustang turn is not simple.

TMO Supporting Vendors