The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
Interesting. And no curbs. But looks like decent runoff areas.

Is it even open to the public?

Its open to the public at like $175 an hour and weekend rentals are cheap-ish, there are some ditches to land in if it gets really bad. Only 3 flaggers is sketchy as shiznit for as far around as you have to look to me. But, 10 cars to a run group and 2 students per instructor meant one time I literally had the track to myself in instructor runs.

Theres a cool shot I want to buy. But the photographer wants $40 for all photos. i just want one!

https://apexprophoto.smugmug.com/Ti...yMarch30/Instructors/Mustangwhite/i-j8VFFx9/A

2011 Mustang GT

Track: Buttonwillow 13 CW
Date: 3/30/19
Best Time: 2:00.159

Source: Garmin Virb
Wheel/tire: Forgestar CF5 18x12 F/R, 305/35/18 Nitto NT01
Suspension: Cortex JRi coilovers/Watts link/LCAs, BMR UCA, poly bushings and Howe ball joints on FCAs
Engine: stock power. No tune/intake/headers. Only mufflers

Forgive me for the annoying creak/squeaks (think it was from the roll bar?)

@neema must be nice to get your Mustang back on track. Did your brother join you?

Buttonwillow 13cw
1. 57 .272 aimsolo. (1 57. 482 TRACKADDICT)

Next one i should have the new RACEPAK CL1 for timing and obdII

Mustang 18 pp1
305mm 3R. Stock suspensions. BMR springs.

First time here. Lots to improve. With higher temp the performance dropped. Got thisn time at first session.
SORRY NO VIDEO. (I LOST MY GOPRO on track)

ecdcafb4cc4bcf72c646ff96e0a4c2ee.jpg

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
Thanks i just wish i could focus resources and attention in upgrading the car not fixing overheating...

There's no Ford (edit- “performance ford” with v8/manuals seem fine - mainstream public ford that 99% of the popularuon buys is what I refer to) that is built from the factory to take the heat that track seems to produce... of course my experience is primarily with a V6 auto and the stock gauge isn't a "real" temperature gauge.

The worst are those turbocharged Focus and Fiesta ST cars with turbo's...

Last edited:
There's no Ford that is built from the factory to take the heat that track seems to produce... of course my experience is primarily with a V6 auto and the stock gauge isn't a "real" temperature gauge.

The worst are those turbocharged Focus and Fiesta ST cars with turbo's...
It is actually. For the transmission it is ot calculated.
Problem is. I reach 230f on track( wich is not super hot). And the 10 speed stops to work. I'll give a last try with abigher radiator then i give up.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have to agree with Kevin, my GT 350 was fine, as were both of my Boss 302s, and I do believe the issue is more likely that it is harder to keep an automatic cool ?

TMO Supporting Vendors