The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 LDNUF4U Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Could tell by the condos you were running at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson. Plano is a nice area to live as close the track in Cresson and another easy drive up to Eagles Canyon. I have fond memories of running at MSR even though it was over 20 years ago, and it was just the 1.8 mile track back then. We look forward to hearing more about your track time in the GT350 and they have a very active NASA group in your area if you want to run HPDEs with Instruction or even move up to Time Trials. Love the color , but then I have a rather attractive machine in my garage that is a similar paint scheme.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Plano, TX
You nailed it - MSR 1.3 at Cresson that day. I just traded in a C8 for the GT350 back in March. What a car. I've only baselined it stock at the MSR 1.3 track but with PS4's and ran 1.11's. Just picked up the VS5RS wheels, which are 13lb lighter than stock - hoping that's worth a second or so per lap. Also need to run with the Cup 2's, which should also shave some significant time, especially in that uphill hairpin where I kept losing grip on the PS4's. Can't wait to keep getting faster - next track day is Oct 2nd on the MSR 1.3 again - this time with the Cup 2's and stock rims. It is very nice being so close to MSR and Eagles Canyon. I used to run my motorcycles at both tracks. Multiple back surgeries have pushed me into cars now, which are equally as fun but a far more expensive endeavor. Thanks for touching base.

TMO Supporting Vendors