The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lemons Hoopties of New Jersey 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone else here go? This was my first wheel to wheel experience, and I am hooked! I raced a mid-pack b class car so I got plenty of experience passing and being passed. It's surprising how many guys in faster cars don't think it's their responsibility to pass safety, even when I give them the inside. Several times I had to drop two off just to avoid being hit, but at least one of those goons got black flagged since he did it to me right in front of the judges. Some were in slower cars and had no idea where the line was and would unpredictably dart back and forth, causing a traffic backup. Of course that's when the E30 and E36 guys started losing their patience and got even more obnoxious than usual, basically playing chicken with everyone else whose happened to be where they wanted. The concept of Lemons was too difficult for them to grasp I think...they were there to win at any cost, not have fun. The team with the 1950 Hudson was the best mannered, they just kept putting along predictably.

0667-DSC_7551.jpg

I bet that was fun. The NACA ducts are a nice touch, are the functional?

It was fun being in a cheapo car, even though it was not mine, and having very little worries. I am not sure how much they actually do, there is no rear window lol.

I was there! Was driving the Vic when it Blew on the 15th lap on Saturday morning.
For the rest of the time I was in our Miata.

Also if you are looking for a seat rental check out the info here-
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=11251.0

the5 said:
I was there! Was driving the Vic when it Blew on the 15th lap on Saturday morning.
For the rest of the time I was in our Miata.

Also if you are looking for a seat rental check out the info here-
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=11251.0

Ah, yea I heard that happened.. that sucks but at least you had a standby! I did see you out there that first crazy hour. Every 5 laps someone seemed to go off on the entrance to the straight, then after the first hour it seemed that people cooled down. I was surprised there were not more Miatas there, actually. I did look at that post and it was tempting but I am not sure I trust my driving in someone else's Mustang just yet:)

WinterSucks said:
Ah, yea I heard that happened.. that sucks but at least you had a standby! I did see you out there that first crazy hour. Every 5 laps someone seemed to go off on the entrance to the straight, then after the first hour it seemed that people cooled down. I was surprised there were not more Miatas there, actually. I did look at that post and it was tempting but I am not sure I trust my driving in someone else's Mustang just yet:)

Yea it was a brand new trans, not really sure what happened yet.

The reason there are no more miatas is because they really arent in the spirit of lemons. They do too well haha.

Also We are running the Miata in New jersey and VIR if you arent ready for the Mustang. The info should be in the post.

TMO Supporting Vendors