The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lime Rock 7/31 SCDA Experienced drivers only

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
5,763
4,303
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Come on Cloud, if they are ever going to tempt us to head that far East, let's just go to Watkins Glen instead. It is a bit closer and a bit faster and a bit longer, and...........................

Oh, well, just a little bias showing,ha.
 
Bill Pemberton said:
Come on Cloud, if they are ever going to tempt us to head that far East, let's just go to Watkins Glen instead. It is a bit closer and a bit faster and a bit longer, and...........................

Oh, well, just a little bias showing,ha.
I say we all meet halfway in between at Road America :D
 

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Moderator
3,754
1,229
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
NY Metro
Seriously
Let's try for a Road America Boss Mustangs Online get together in 2013. I still have to get my trailer rig and I think with a years planning we could get a great turnout. Imagine 8-10 Boss Mustangs approaching Canada corner. Very cool. It's a 16 hour haul for me, may look at cost to ship car and fly into Milwaukee or Chicago.
Steve

I would do a Watkins Glen if that's the consensus too.
 
steveespo said:
Seriously
Let's try for a Road America Boss Mustangs Online get together in 2013. I still have to get my trailer rig and I think with a years planning we could get a great turnout. Imagine 8-10 Boss Mustangs approaching Canada corner. Very cool. It's a 16 hour haul for me, may look at cost to ship car and fly into Milwaukee or Chicago.
Steve

I would do a Watkins Glen if that's the consensus too.
I'd be up for that. I know one of the shareholders there so would at least have a contact on how to get started. We'd probably need 100 cars to make it work financially and that's if they have any open dates.
 

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
5,763
4,303
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
As cool as that would be , the idea would take alot fewer cars at a smaller, less expensive track. Road America is a legendary track, but it is also quite pricey to rent. Same issue with Mid Ohio , which is another fantastic course.

Great idea to explore and in the meantime folks should remember there will be quite a few Bosses at the Mustang/Ford Roundup in Hastings , Nebraska , Sept. 21-23. Ford Engineers, 2013 Bosses and GT 500s , will be there, as well as the famous MPH Clubhouse, where many a bench race is won over a cold one, ha!
www.racemph.com
 
Bill Pemberton said:
As cool as that would be , the idea would take alot fewer cars at a smaller, less expensive track. Road America is a legendary track, but it is also quite pricey to rent. Same issue with Mid Ohio , which is another fantastic course.

Great idea to explore and in the meantime folks should remember there will be quite a few Bosses at the Mustang/Ford Roundup in Hastings , Nebraska , Sept. 21-23. Ford Engineers, 2013 Bosses and GT 500s , will be there, as well as the famous MPH Clubhouse, where many a bench race is won over a cold one, ha!
www.racemph.com
Good point, we don't have to wait until next year ;D

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-racing/2nd-annual-mustangford-roundup-at-motorsports-park-hastings!!!!/
 
cloud9 said:
steveespo said:
Seriously
Let's try for a Road America Boss Mustangs Online get together in 2013. I still have to get my trailer rig and I think with a years planning we could get a great turnout. Imagine 8-10 Boss Mustangs approaching Canada corner. Very cool. It's a 16 hour haul for me, may look at cost to ship car and fly into Milwaukee or Chicago.
Steve

I would do a Watkins Glen if that's the consensus too.
I'd be up for that. I know one of the shareholders there so would at least have a contact on how to get started. We'd probably need 100 cars to make it work financially and that's if they have any open dates.

We wouldn't have to have our own event necessarily, we just need to piggy back on somebodies elses event. The Northwoods Shelby club is having their event at the end of this month. It is 3 days so those who are traveling 16 hours will get a lot of track time and make it worth the trip. If it sounds good, just invite everyone to register when the registration opens for next year. You could do the same things at Watkins Glen or anywhere else.

Organizing your own track event is more work than you can imagine plus you have to worry about attendance, insurance, etc.... Been there, done that.
 
Dean#4AI said:
cloud9 said:
steveespo said:
Seriously
Let's try for a Road America Boss Mustangs Online get together in 2013. I still have to get my trailer rig and I think with a years planning we could get a great turnout. Imagine 8-10 Boss Mustangs approaching Canada corner. Very cool. It's a 16 hour haul for me, may look at cost to ship car and fly into Milwaukee or Chicago.
Steve

I would do a Watkins Glen if that's the consensus too.
I'd be up for that. I know one of the shareholders there so would at least have a contact on how to get started. We'd probably need 100 cars to make it work financially and that's if they have any open dates.

We wouldn't have to have our own event necessarily, we just need to piggy back on somebodies elses event. The Northwoods Shelby club is having their event at the end of this month. It is 3 days so those who are traveling 16 hours will get a lot of track time and make it worth the trip. If it sounds good, just invite everyone to register when the registration opens for next year. You could do the same things at Watkins Glen or anywhere else.

Organizing your own track event is more work than you can imagine plus you have to worry about attendance, insurance, etc.... Been there, done that.
Great idea Dean. I think piggy backing on the NW Shelby event would be the way to go. I started thinking about all the work it would be to organize last night and thought it could get to be a real job.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top