The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Limerock event

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone know anything about this event? It's at Limerock on the 17th and 18th and Limerock is on my bucket list of tracks to run on. It's an 8 hour haul for me to get there so didn't want to waste a trip unless it's pretty good.

http://www.patroonbmw.org/driving/

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Lime Rock is one of the core road racing circuits in the US and is a blast to drive. A very technical short track with potential varying lines at Big Bend, the Uphill and the approach to No Name straight. I drive there as well as Pete in CT as our home track. Totally worth the trip.

See my video from 7/31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I55NL2W77CQ

Sorry I can't be there, in Monterey for the Historics next week.
Steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
+1, what he said... ;D Not a particularly fast track but the uphill and the downhill both have a strong 'pucker factor' if you've never driven there before. The downhill with no braking as you stare at the Armco across the track is particularly entertaining ! Definitely worth the trip. Very fast drivers in a Boss can do a 1:00 lap. My best is still 1:03.4.

Awesome video Steve. Limerock is on my bucket list of tracks to run on and I can't compete with you guys but I have fun. I know I have to run Limerock but wasn't sure how running with the BMW guys would be. Wish I could go see the historics but was at Laguna Seca with the Boss in June and that is incredible track. I got a shirt that says I survived the corkscrew.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
The BMW guys, especially the Patroon chapter, run a good safe event. The guys in the M3's may not give you too many point by's easily though ;D

PeteInCT

Connecticut
BossLS said:
Oh yes, Steve and Pete, What wheel tire combination are you using?

I run on Nitto NT-555R-II's, 285/35-18 up front and 305/35-18 rears on 18" Enkei PF01's. 37 lbs hot front and rear at Limerock. -2.4 degrees camber.

Very happy with the rubber and the 18" size. I get about 26 to 28 heat cycles with these tires. You can run them down to the cords with little degradation is grip as they wear. Just don't run then, especially in these widths, in the rain ;D

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Currently running Pirelli Corsas like yours on AMR wheels. I am preparing my secret weapon to be able to keep up with Pete and some pesky Spec Mazdas (don't laugh, at LRP momentum is King and the flyweights carry a lot of corner speed) anyway, I purchased 305/6.80-18 and 265/6.80-18 Grand Am Pirelli D2 slicks from Turner Motorsport putting them on SVE Drift 18x10/18x9 wheels. Trying to step up a little on speed, will be running them at Lime Rock in October with SCDA. Right now just got into Winchester VA to run this weekend at Summit Point Shenandoah with the SCMC and Track Club USA guys. Great bargain at $325 for both days about 4 hours open track time both days and some group sessions as well.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors