The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gen1 LONG TERM PROJECT CAR Build Thread Profile - Gen 1 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
ok... it has been awhile.. but I am now "street' legal.. limited to "car hobby driving " only... club events, shows, parades, driving to track and test drives... luckily that means there is something I can drive to about every day from April to October... I believe that there is a car show tomorrow.. somewhere.. lol

20230428_142635.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Brings new meaning to Manual Labor ! This is the actual reason these machines were called " Muscle Cars, " not necessarily because they had a lot of horsepower. Sounds like a great exercise tool for old Gearheads, getting our cardio without having to walk.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
well.. put it up on the lift because of a strange vibration under acceleration... tightened quite a few things, but under consultation with a track buddy, came to the conclusion there is something amiss with the drive shaft... so it is parked until a new one is ordered & installed... hmm, steel or aluminum?

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
definitely check it out. My son-in-law chased a whine/vibration noised for years before they discovered the yoke was only halfway in the tailshaft bushing, installed longer yoke and vibration/noise was gone.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
Well.... nephew came into town from Phoenix. .. took him for a "spirited" test drive.. big smile on his face... sadly the next morning I found this under the car... hopefully just a seal.. but I haven't looked really, too bummed... ugh... at least it happened in the garage and not on track at speed... so best case scenario, so to speak...

20230728_134728.jpg

I have a couple of questions, what does "hobby driving" mean? and what does Nebraska do for vehicle inspections?
I'm kinda spoiled in Florida we used to have inspections until the citizens finally revolted against it.
Also which rockers are you running, and do you need guide plates, ir are they designed to work as is?

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
1. Hobby driving is car events (club meetings, track days, cruises, shows, etc), travel to and from, test drives... just not to work, grocery store etc..
2. No inspections, same revolt happened here.
3. See photos... plates required.. motor is supposedly good to 8000 rpm.. hopefully I will never find out...lol 6500 rpm is plenty for me.

hope that helps...

20230611_160952.jpg

20230611_160132.jpg

20230611_161116.jpg

20230611_161141.jpg

1. Hobby driving is car events (club meetings, track days, cruises, shows, etc), travel to and from, test drives... just not to work, grocery store etc..
2. No inspections, same revolt happened here.
3. See photos... plates required.. motor is supposedly good to 8000 rpm.. hopefully I will never find out...lol 6500 rpm is plenty for me.

hope that helps...

View attachment 87941

View attachment 87942

View attachment 87943

View attachment 87944
OK, thanks, I see them now, I must ahve forgotten my glasses, getting old sucks

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel