The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for a Volunteer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
I have been in an e-mail conversation with the folks at Colgan Custom for a bra for my 2013 Laguna Seca. They don't have one yet because they have not made a pattern - they need a 2013 Boss to take measurements and look it over. They have asked me if anyone in Southern California with a Boss 302 would let them have access so that they can get the info they need.

I was given the following as contact info: The number to contact is 800 423 5267 ext 9-612

I know that some of us are aware of the Colgan Custom line. I had one on my 06 GT. I used it for track days to protect the front end and, being in Florida, during the "Lovebug" seasons for the same reasons. Everyone I have talked to that has had a Colgan Custom bra agree that it is a well made item.

Hopefully someone can help so that we can get another quality product for the Boss. Also, I am not affiliated with Colgan, just a customer.

Thanks

I've used Colgan bras in the past and their quality is top shelf. Good luck with your request.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Thanks. I hope someone in the SoCal area can help us out. As I am in Florida I am not much help.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Dave,

They did not give me a location just that phone number.

If you find out a location, let me know. Been working all week plus Saturday, but could probably find time eventually.

Dave

I would like one for my 12 Ls. lets see if they will do both. I am in socal and can use mine if need be.

Great news!!! I was in talks with them in July about getting one custom made but It didn't go this far. They said that there was not enough demand from the Boss owners to justify production.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Thanks to all who are trying to help - in my opinion, you are doing more than Colgan. In an effort to find out where they are (a very good question) I tried calling the number several times and kept getting put through to voice-mail. Can't even understand who's voice-mail it is. I have sent yet another e-mail to Colgan about this and now I'll wait to see their response.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Still trying to get some info from Calgan Customs. I was told that their design studio is in Santa Ana and that the person at the phone number they gave me is on vacation until Monday, Jan 14, 2013. I have asked that they contact me with a time and place to meet to look at one of our 2013 Boss 302's. If anyone is interested, and I thank you all for your replies, I'll post what info I get as I get it.

Thank again.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Thanks Keavdog. I too would like a bra for my car as well. Heck, that's how all this started. I did receive a nicely worded apology from Colgan for any inconvenience. Their designer was supposed to be back from vacation this Monday so I'll wait a couple of days to see if they contact me as requested.

I also did some checks on the internet and found that Fritt's Ford in Santa Ana had at least one GT, Boss 302, and Boss 302 Laguna Seca so that they can check to see if there is any difference.

As I stated before, thanks to all for your assistance, and I will post any progress.

Fritt's Ford in Riverside is awesome, I got my LS from them on a handshake deal and they upheld everything. Anyone is socal that is looking for a Ford needs to look them up. As for the bra I can have both the mormal splitter and the LS splitter on the car for them. Just let me know.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Thanks, Boss Ls. I will let you, and the rest of the folks here, what I hear from Colgan.

Keep us posted, Gator! Don't leave out us 2012 owners if they're willing to work with us (thanks Boss Ls)... When I inquired about a front end bra for my 2012, the best they could do was a bra for the '11 GT. Hopefully we'll get some new products out of your hard work. I've got Colgan Custom bras for both my Cobra and my BULLITT. They're top quality and I've never had any issues with them hurting the paint.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Latest from my contact at Colgan Customs:

I have been told that the issue has been brought to the attention of their design team and their president. Both the 2012 and 2013 Boss' are identified. I tried to explain to them why we want their bra and invited them to come over here to see what you folks have to say on this subject.

Thanks again for your input/support on this. I'll continue to keep you posted as I get more info. Here's hoping something happens soon.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Nothing new to report yet. I kinda/sorta hinted that maybe we need to call or e-mail them to let them know what the demand is. I'll shoot them another e-mail to egg them on. Yours got me to respond, maybe we can get them to do the same. Nothing to loose. Thanks.

TMO Supporting Vendors