The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for North east Saturday/Sunday days.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With minimal vacation time, it's hard to get on track during the week. I know there's a ton of organizations out there and I am looking for weekend track days in NY, NJ, CT, MA, etc. Seeing if any of you guys know of some. Thanks.

I found that chin has two weekends at Palmer planned for this year and I am going to sign up for both I believe. Thompson has a weekend day also from what I've seen but I am sure I am missing some stuff.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Your best bet is check out Motorsportreg.com and search. Most of the NASA events are on weekends, although personally I'm not a huge fan of their HPDE weekends (too much crammed into a weekend...)

It is tough though if you can't get to the mid-week events. There are a lot more midweek than on weekends.

Thompson is a fun track - it's pretty brutal on brakes, but it's got good rhythm.

Palmer looks fun - I'll be there on May 8th with Northeast Track Days for one of the first events there.

We had a guy show up twice for weekday events in a suit then changed into his track day clothes.
Neither wife or boss new he was at the track.
Just sayin.

Of note though was the job and second wife were fairly new. hmmm. Maybe not such a good idea ;)

Try www.Hookedondroving.com. They have several events on weekends each year in the northeast. The events are typically very good with a nice amount of track time.

Thanks guys!

I've found a few within Porsche Club America, BMW Patroon and an Audi club as well. Most are focused on just limerock but I found two chin weekends at Palmer, and some days at Thompson. Going to try to do as many as possible.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
todcp said:
Dmichaels. See you May 8. Looking forward to the new season. Car comes out of storage late this month. Doing 6 or 7 northeast track days events.

Looking forward to a good season Tod! I'm headed to limerock on April 6th, hoping the snow melts before then....

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
It definitely could be quite cold and wet on April 6. Always a risk with early season events. Keeping my fingers crossed the weather is nice though and all the snow is gone!!

There is a hooked on driving event at pocono on Sunday April 12 if your interested. I'm headed there with a friend from work...

DMichaels said:
It definitely could be quite cold and wet on April 6. Always a risk with early season events. Keeping my fingers crossed the weather is nice though and all the snow is gone!!

There is a hooked on driving event at pocono on Sunday April 12 if your interested. I'm headed there with a friend from work...

I'll be at this one too. Also check out:

NJMP member track days (don't have to be a member) - I'm going to one 4/4
Hooked on Driving (as mentioned above, great group, tell Chris L Larry sent you)
NASA NE (Susan Casella is the contact) - I instruct for them, choose non-racing weekends for more track time
SCDA (usually run Lime Rock, and fast)
Chin Motorsports (serious dudes, must join, pricey but lots of track time)
and if you feel like schlepping south in May, the not-to-miss event is at VIR (posting about this separately next post)

Good luck, hope to you you out there!

TMO Supporting Vendors