The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Lucy Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Lucy looks like a fast lady, and you definitely put her on a diet and I personally find that attractive , ha! Cool mods with the hood and CF doors, so how much does the lovely lady weigh?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Moreno Valley, CA
Lucy looks like a fast lady, and you definitely put her on a diet and I personally find that attractive , ha! Cool mods with the hood and CF doors, so how much does the lovely lady weigh?
haha thx. my kids name my cars. She weighs about 3700 without me in it. Still a but heavy. Looking at magnesium wheels to reduce unsprung. Can't take out radio, carpet etc for class rules.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Get some lightweight Apex wheels , not magnesium ( fairly fragile yet expensive ) a bunch of us have the flow formed ones.
They are reasonably priced and are designed for track use, are hub centric and have a very unique and impressive warranty if you have an issue. I have had 6 pairs, and will be getting a couple sets next year for my new car.

They often have a " Sale " in the Winter or a group buy. The company often has a " Group Buy " so pay attention to this site and if you want forged they are quite reasonable on those also. Check out sizing on the TMO Forum , as they Sponsor us, and do make sure you do a square set -up.

Get some lightweight Apex wheels , not magnesium ( fairly fragile yet expensive ) a bunch of us have the flow formed ones.
They are reasonably priced and are designed for track use, are hub centric and have a very unique and impressive warranty if you have an issue. I have had 6 pairs, and will be getting a couple sets next year for my new car.

They often have a " Sale " in the Winter or a group buy. The company often has a " Group Buy " so pay attention to this site and if you want forged they are quite reasonable on those also. Check out sizing on the TMO Forum , as they Sponsor us, and do make sure you do a square set -upI
Apex wheels are the ticket for Mustangs but you are talking 18x11 wheels plus lug nuts and long studs and 315/30/18 tires that is EASY $4000.. i know i almost just bought them but instead i put in 6 new windows upstairs myself lol. Sorry just me feeling sorry for myself.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Just brought it up when you said you were looking at magnesium wheels and true mag wheels are mega expensive ---now I realize you were just looking at some out your new windows so I understand now, ha,ha!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Moreno Valley, CA
Price difference for the APEX forged and the forged magnesium 19x11 is quite a bit but the magnesiums weigh 5-6 lbs less each. Litespeed has the same warranty as APEX. Figure gonna try magnesium. The top racers i race with all have rm and been racing with them for years with no issues 🤙🏻

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel