The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Madhatter at the Formula E race in Santiago , Chile???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Just wondering as looked like the city gave the Quiet Riot racers a big turnout? I heard the silence was deafening ,ha. Probably more fun in person, and just wondered if you went , as it likely was more fun that it appears on the tube...............I just like noise and not sure if I would like the whisper racers?

So if you went, tell us all, was it worthwhile, was if fun, was the racing , ......electrifying?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Lol... oddly enough it was pretty good racing.. Not much sound, but it was way too hot to go in person... In the bleachers it was 40C or 104F, Watched in at home on the tube. Last race was one of the best I have seen in a while... Yes its was electrifying..... But relatively mild voltage.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
104F------------crap it is 8 degrees this morning , I guess you are in the Summer of the Southern Hemisphere?!

But, at 104F, staying home and watching it on the tube, shows you are an intelligent TMO forum member!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Bill, I thought the proof lies elsewhere. ;) It's probably a good thing that people don't have an intelligence meter or dipstick of some sort. :D

Out here, even the idiots know to take cover when it's 10Xº+ out.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
See , Mad took cover , proof he is not one of those Iddy Otts! We take cover here in the Midwest too, but apparently 104+ in Santiago is child's play for some , since the grandstands looked full?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
So , you are saying there are no quotas on Idiotas in Santiago ------ 104+, Chile is an oxymoron name , ha.

Sorry , at no time is this to be disparaging to our wonderful track friends in Chile, we are just lonely wordsmiths playing with language and acting our normal goofy self on the TMO Forum. Pretty nice disclaimer , huh?!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
See , Mad took cover , proof he is not one of those Iddy Otts! We take cover here in the Midwest too, but apparently 104+ in Santiago is child's play for some , since the grandstands looked full?
Yes, lots of people took the kids to see the race!!! By the very bumby cement straights it must have been over 110F

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel