The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Member Introductions

PeteInCT said:
Welcome Rachael. Nit too many of us here in the northeast. Do you track your car ? A number of us get togetherrregularly at LimeRock.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

No I have never tracked a car before but would love to try it. Unfortunately I don't know anything about doing that, what is required, where and when the events are, etc.

CO2868 said:
No I have never tracked a car before but would love to try it. Unfortunately I don't know anything about doing that, what is required, where and when the events are, etc.
Pete is an instructor and might be able to get you pointed in the right direction. Don't worry, he's a better teacher than typist. ;D

Hi Everyone!!
I happen to find this site about a month ago, havent introduced myself yet. My name is Jaime, and I am a female Mustang Nut as well. I bought my GHIG Boss in September. I live in VA, married, and have one daughter. I enjoy showing my car at shows, and going to the track. I have owned several Mustangs in the past since I could drive. My very first one was a 1992 4-cylinder LX, needless to say I didn't have that very long. I traded that one in for a 1993 GT 5.0, which I drove for about 10 years before I sold it to buy a 2006 GT. Year later after that, my husband and I saw the Roush Mustangs at our dealership. I ended up trading my 06 for a 2007 Roush Blackjack. Year later, we took the Blackjack to the dealershio to fix a recall in the airbag. There in the show room floor they had a 2008 Roush P51A. We never thought we see one of these at our dealership. Once my husband saw that car, I knew he wanted to trade in the Blackjack. The Roush became his car. He races it and takes to car shows. 4 years later, I went and bought me 2011 GT/CS Mustang. He has his Mustang, and I have my Mustang. About year and half later I saw the Green Boss. I fell for that car once I saw it. I traded my 2011 for the Boss. I plan on keeping this car for a long time. :)

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida

Welcome to BMO, Jaime. Nice car and a great story. Put a pic of you, your family, and the Mustangs together and send them off to some of the Mustang publications. They are always looking for stories like this. A P51A and a GHIG Boss 302 - Nice!

Whats up guys and gals. David from Katy Texas. Bought a comp orange 2012 boss about 4 months ago. Don't race its just my grocery getter lol. I have so many plans for the car but stuck on wether I want to go n/a or forced. Have not seen any boss's around but I am sure there are plenty. Love the car and the looks and comments I get. I enjoy reading all the posts around the forum, sorry I lurk, would rather soak in info instead of making some stupid post that sounds uneducated. Well thanks for the forum and I will be around.

Sesshomurai

Welcome to the new bossers and bossettes!

And don't be afraid to ask questions. This group is courteous and smart. When I started I knew I was asking repeat questions but never once did someone say to use google or search the forums (which I try to do anyway). Always got a quick response. Just go for it and enjoy!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

DGRacing said:
Welcome to the new bossers and bossettes!

And don't be afraid to ask questions. This group is courteous and smart. When I started I knew I was asking repeat questions but never once did someone say to use google or search the forums (which I try to do anyway). Always got a quick response. Just go for it and enjoy!

Yes, but we keep count.... ;D LOL

Hello all.
I'm Larry
Been here for about 1 1/2yrs now. Got my 12 RR Boss in July 2011. Is my 5th Mustang. Was fortunate to have owned a GB 70 Boss 302 many years ago. Had to sell when we started having kids. Put alot of work into that one. What I remember most about the 70 Boss was if you could stay in the seat, the car would take the corner or twisty. It never failed to turn heads where ever we went.

25yrs, 5 kids & many mini vans later, the new retro Mustang was introduced, we replaced our 2002 Dodge Caravan with a Torch Red 06 GT. (all but the youngest child has since grown up & moved out). Made it into a 69 Boss Tribute. I have pics of it posted all over the place. Then Ford announced the Boss was coming back. Just had to have one, will be the last time in my lifetime to own one. The new 12 & 13's will out perform, out turn & do everything much better than the 69's & 70's except the nostalgia & the coolness factor.

I most likely won't be taking mine to the dragstrip, and won't track on a regular basis. Hope to get some time on Mid-Ohio in the future, as my company covers alot of the events there with a EMS Heli. Son & I go there as spectators often.
My wonderful wife of 33 years is a 'Mustang Sally' & supports my Mustang affliction. We have 5 children, 2 granddaughters & have had a great life so far.
I have been a aviation mechanic for 35+ years & currently manage 15 mechanics & 9 EMS helis in central Ohio, the job does not leave me much free time. When I do get some time after family & Home needs, I spend it on either the Boss or my other hobby which is building plastic models.

Done minor mods to my Boss, it comes with so much as built that I won't be doing any major mods. No trackey as of yet, is on my to do list.

Great site here & kudos to all who have put the time & effort into making it what it is today. It has become one of my daily(when possible) habits! ;D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

aircare84 said:
Hello all.
Been here for about 1 1/2yrs now. Got my 12 RR Boss in July 2011. Is my 5th Mustang. Was fortunate to have owned a GB 70 Boss 302 many years ago. Had to sell when we started having kids. Put alot of work into that one. What I remember most about the 70 Boss was if you could stay in the seat, the car would take the corner or twisty. It never failed to turn heads where ever we went.

25yrs, 5 kids & many mini vans later, the new retro Mustang was introduced, we replaced our 2002 Dodge Caravan with a Torch Red 06 GT. (all but the youngest child has since grown up & moved out). Made it into a 69 Boss Tribute. I have pics of it posted all over the place. Then Ford announced the Boss was coming back. Just had to have one, will be the last time in my lifetime to own one. The new 12 & 13's will out perform, out turn & do everything much better than the 69's & 70's except the nostalgia & the coolness factor.

I most likely won't be taking mine to the dragstrip, and won't track on a regular basis. Hope to get some time on Mid-Ohio in the future, as my company covers alot of the events there with a EMS Heli. Son & I go there as spectators often.
My wonderful wife of 33 years is a 'Mustang Sally' & supports my Mustang affliction. We have 5 children, 2 granddaughters & have had a great life so far.
I have been a aviation mechanic for 35+ years & currently manage 15 mechanics & 9 EMS helis in central Ohio, the job does not leave me much free time. When I do get some time after family & Home needs, I spend it on either the Boss or my other hobby which is building plastic models.

Done minor mods to my Boss, it comes with so much as built that I won't be doing any major mods. No trackey as of yet, is on my to do list.

Great site here & kudos to all who have put the time & effort into making it what it is today. It has become one of my daily(when possible) habits! ;D

Aircare - Let us know how much track driving you plan to do once you get it out there once or twice. People think Crack is addictive.... ::)

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Re: New Introductions

Rickmustang said:
Hi. My name is Rick and I have been on the forum for a couple of months. I live outside Austin and purchased my blk Laguna Seca on 10/29/12. I am adding it to my collection that includes a '65 Sheby, a '68 GT 500, a '70 428 Mach 1, and a '71 429 Mach 1. I plan to track it some and drive the roads of the Texas hill country. The form has been a big help with my purchase and understanding the car. Thanks. Rick

Rick
I would love to see a photo of your collection and your feedback on what it is like to drive the Boss compared to your 65 Shelby. Welcome to BMO.

Brian

My name is Ric and I currently live in Kansas City area. Will be taking delivery of a PW Boss 302 on Saturday. I have had several Mustangs over the past 5 years but I am most excited about the Boss. I plan to track this car a couple of times per year and am active in my local Mustang Club chapter. I look forward to learning a lot more about this fantastic vehicle.

vista6019 said:
My name is Ric and I currently live in Kansas City area. Will be taking delivery of a PW Boss 302 on Saturday. I have had several Mustangs over the past 5 years but I am most excited about the Boss. I plan to track this car a couple of times per year and am active in my local Mustang Club chapter. I look forward to learning a lot more about this fantastic vehicle.
Welcome to BMO and congratulations on your new Boss. You've come to the right place if you're going to track your Boss as many members have a great deal of track experience. Is your Boss a 2012 or 2013?

Hey Everyone. I am the proud owner of #1381 GHIG. This is my second mustang. I traded in a 2010 GB GT. I am active duty army and stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. I look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you. As soon as I learn how, I will post a pic.

BossLady82 said:
Hey Everyone. I am the proud owner of #1381 GHIG. This is my second mustang. I traded in a 2010 GB GT. I am active duty army and stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. I look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you. As soon as I learn how, I will post a pic.
Welcome to BMO. Please see post #3 for instructions on how to post photos. There is other useful info there as well.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

Hi,

jumped the gun and forgot to introduce myself.... Got a lot of help from some of you in the tech forum already, much appreciated!

Well, I just bought a 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss 302 in Sweden (!) - which is where I live. I haven't had it delivered yet, since it's on summer tyres and the roads are covered in ice, snow, slush and salt... So I am enduring a painful wait.

I plan to have the car as an everyday drive + take it to the track a few times this summer. I am new to racing (apart from gocarts and such), but I have always wanted to. I've spent many hours with racing games and simulators and now it's time to try it out for real. Guess I'd even know my way around Laguna Seca if I ever came there... ;)

Boss 302s are quite rare in Sweden, since they are not sold by Ford over here. All available are imported from the States, mine came from SF. Actually, it's on Youtube : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TDwtY9CEzb0
(If anyone here can tell me something of interest about it, pls pm me!).

I'm interested in adjusting and improving the car gradually, as my driving improves.

/TheSwede

TMO Supporting Vendors