The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: New Introductions

Pete, and anyone who has volunteered/donated to The Wounded Warriors - From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I can personally vouch for this program and how much it truly helps our guys. What they offer to our injured is beyond words. I have friends who were on the emotional fence, but because someone shared a little bit of their time with them, were able to re-evaluate their decisions and know that someone actually cares and to not give up. Sorry to go off on a little tangent, but Pete and people like him, need to know how important these programs are and how much we truly appreciate their help and time. Carry on :)

Sesshomurai

Hi. I'm Darren. 42 years going on 19. I'm a contractor supporting military operations and I work at Ft. Belvoir in Virginia. Back in January this year, I ordered a SBY 2013 Boss LS. As of July this year still had no build date. Was thinking if it gets delivered in the winter I'll miss the rest of the track season and have to garage the car since its only a track car. I would have gotten a 2012 yellow blaze new, but they discontinued that color about the time I decided to get the boss over the Camaro ZL1. When I got fed up waiting for my '13 to arrive, I saw a 2012 YB for sale at carmax. It actually belonged to BMO member Dig-It, who had bought another Boss LS and sold this one to get a truck, IIRC. Anyway, I bought the 2012 YB Boss in July and did 3, 2-day track events in August, modded it in September and another 7 weekend track events since. Home track is Summit Point. Favorite track is VIR. NJMP is on my list for '13 season. Maybe even Watkins Glen.

Before I bought the car I thought I would keep it stock and preserve its essence. After my first track day, that idea got flushed faster than a....well...you get the idea.

As a newly minted boss/race addict, I've now lost all concept of money, mail, house chores, television (except race events), etc. Luckily I'm between girlfriends and am taking advantage of that auspicious alignment of the planets by spending all my spare time in my garage. Even when the car is at the shop, I organize and re-organize my garage, sort and shine my tools, build more shelving, etc. OCD style. lol j/k.

I learned so much from BMO, long before I got the car even, so I say a warm and grateful thanks to everyone on here. It's a great place.

Life is good...

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750

Hello to everyone.I've been here since June,when I bought my 2013 SBY #750. I'm semi-retired, driving part time for a parts warehouse 2-3 days a week,mainly to keep from getting too bored at home.I live in Lexington,SC,married for about 5 or 6 years?? Served 2 years in the Marines (Vietnam)and have had a few different 'careers' over the years. I've owned over 60 cars.From my first new car which was a '70 Roadrunner, to Mustangs, z-28s,280,300 and 350Z's,Jeeps,Porsche Cayman S and so many more in between. Traded my 2012 Shelby for my Boss.I've never owned such a fun car to drive.Look forward to running into some of you guys sometime soon. Bob

Hello all. New memeber from Kansas. Lifelong Ford/Mustang fan. Just purchased my 2012 Boss 302. #2300 and #830 in competition orange.

BrianDeTienne said:
Hello all. New memeber from Kansas. Lifelong Ford/Mustang fan. Just purchased my 2012 Boss 302. #2300 and #830 in competition orange.
Brian, welcome to BMO. Are you planning on taking your Boss to a local road course or drag strip?

NFSBOSS said:
Brian, welcome to BMO. Are you planning on taking your Boss to a local road course or drag strip?

I'll probably take it to the drag strip first and maybe try out Hallet some time in the future. Drag racing has been in my blood from a very young age. I just sold a '78 Malibu that ran 11.50s all day long and this Boss isn't far behind it and a damn site more fun to drive. My first few adventures will be just babying it out of the hole and seeing what I can get it to run. I can gaurantee you my wife will not be pleased if I strap on a set of slicks or drag radials right away and go beat on it. Not so say that won't ever happen but we have to let the new wear off a little. :)

Hello all! I joined here a couple weeks ago. I got my 2013 Performance White Boss at the beginning of November. #2108. Recaros and LSD, and floor mats w/car cover. So, LOADED! I'm a fan of Formula 1, and the 24 Hours of LeMons. I've helped build a Lemons car here at home (Omaha, NE) a 1984 Honda CRX, and I know some guys from the Internet that run Lemons in California, that car is the Porcubimmer now Prickstine, a 1987 BMW 325e. I was actually just out at Chuckwalla for a Lemons race this last weekend (we got 5th!)

I didn't get my Boss with any intentions of modifying her or tracking her either, but I'm sure that some day the lure of the track will overcome me. Perhaps at the roundup in Hastings or some other track day at MidAmerican Motorplex. My other car is my winter beater, a 1988 Nissan Pathfinder. Driving it is about as polar opposite from driving the Boss that you can get, heh. The Boss replaced my previous daily driver, a 1995 Acura Integra GS-R. I love that the Boss has a similar power band to the 'teg. You want more power? Well, just give it more gas! Revs=hp! So far, I've really enjoyed reading/scanning this board, gathering info. I'll be putting all my build info into the relevant thread soon.

NFSBOSS, no I did not drive. I was part of the pit crew, such as it is for a Lemons race (ie: I drank beer!). Lemons ran the track counter clock-wise. In that configuration, the drivers reported that it was a very flowing track, just could get in a rhythm and let it flow. Allegedly, running clockwise, a lot of the nice flowing sweepers turn into nasty decreasing radius corners and the track changes in character a lot. So I overheard in the bathroom at one point. Speaking of the bathrooms, they DO have permanent facilities for those uses now. Otherwise, the track is pretty sparse, not a lot of amenities or anything else. Bring water/drinks and food for your stay. It's pretty primitive out there. Also meth, heh.

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida

Hello All. My name is Ed. I have been on this forum for almost a year now, but just got my Laguna Seca in September of this year. I am retired Air Force, 24 years. The Laguna Seca is my third in a string of Mustangs. My last one was an 06 Vista Blue/White GT. At one time in my misspent youth I did race competitively and can't quite shake it. I did track the 06 GT and do want to track the Laguna Seca. Just missed an opportunity to do Barber in November. In the meantime I am enjoying the car as best I can.

Being in North Central Florida there are a number of tracks in somewhat reasonable drive. Sebring is the closest with PBIR, Road Atlanta, and Barber being some of the others. Homestead is too far and, in my opinion, not worth the drive. At some point I would like to try to make it to VIR.

Over the years I have vacillated between good common sense vehicles to not so sensible (but a lot of fun). Some with four wheels and some with two. This forum has been a great source of information and assistance in my quest to own one of the best cars to consume high-test dino-fuel.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

Ed, good to see you on the board here. Hopefully I can catch you at some of the cruise-ins before the family and I head out to the west coast. I was hoping to make the FCBC show in April but sadly I suppose you'll have to represent the Boss owners there.

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida

Sean, can you make it to Silver Springs in Jan 2013?

GA

Ed, Road Atlanta, Atlanta Motorsports Park, and Barber are definitely worth the trip (and VIR too). I plan to hit VIR and Barber next year. Enjoy that LS! :)

ufnavy06

FLGator said:
Sean, can you make it to Silver Springs in Jan 2013?

I had forgotten about Silver Springs. I'm not entirely sure with the new baby. Can't exactly fit everything for him and the car in the trunk. If I go, it'd likely be in the wife's car.

Hi. My name is Rick and I have been on the forum for a couple of months. I live outside Austin and purchased my blk Laguna Seca on 10/29/12. I am adding it to my collection that includes a '65 Sheby, a '68 GT 500, a '70 428 Mach 1, and a '71 429 Mach 1. I plan to track it some and drive the roads of the Texas hill country. The form has been a big help with my purchase and understanding the car. Thanks. Rick

Hello,
My name is Matt. I have been in the military for over 15 years with a short 4 year stint in the Army and then my new home in the Coast Guard. I grew up in Modesto, CA home of American Graffiti. Needless to say I have been a muscle car enthusiast since a wee child. My first car was a 1972 Mercury Capri that my father had modified over the years with a Boss 302, 9” inch rear end, and Muncy 4 speed. When the 2012 Boss 302 made its debut I contemplated jumping on one then. However, I let patience win and waited till the 2013 models came out as I figured this was the last production year just like the 2 year run over 40 years ago. I couldn’t resist the chance to own a Laguna Seca Boss 302, so here I am. It is my daily driver and my girlfriend is starting to get suspicious that I may be having an affair with the car as I want to spend us much time with it as I can.

2012-12-16_10-33-50_888.jpg
2012-12-16_10-34-06_663.jpg
2012-12-16_10-35-45_938.jpg
2012-12-16_10-36-13_130.jpg

ufnavy06

LS223 said:
Hello,
My name is Matt. I have been in the military for over 15 years with a short 4 year stint in the Army and then my new home in the Coast Guard. I grew up in Modesto, CA home of American Graffiti. Needless to say I have been a muscle car enthusiast since a wee child. My first car was a 1972 Mercury Capri that my father had modified over the years with a Boss 302, 9” inch rear end, and Muncy 4 speed. When the 2012 Boss 302 made its debut I contemplated jumping on one then. However, I let patience win and waited till the 2013 models came out as I figured this was the last production year just like the 2 year run over 40 years ago. I couldn’t resist the chance to own a Laguna Seca Boss 302, so here I am. It is my daily driver and my girlfriend is starting to get suspicious that I may be having an affair with the car as I want to spend us much time with it as I can.

You are a good man :D. Welcome to the forums. Enjoy the car!

Let's see, I've owned my BOSS since August, traded in my '04 Corvette.................................no looking back, my last Mustang was a highly modded '04 GT, this car is TOTALLY different!

Car before trade:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

THE NEW BOSS IN THE HOUSE! #1121

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi everyone, My name is Rick but I suspect you might already know that. :) I've been into motorsports of all types since I was a kid and grew up between the Pomona Fairgrounds, home of the NHRA Winternationals, and the deceased Ontario Motor Speedway. My mom used to drop my brother and me off at the track and pick us up at sundown. We would sneak into the pits and went to many events at both venues. I got to meet Parnelli Jones as a kid. He opened up a Parnelli Jones Firestone dealer down the street from my home and he'd be out there with one of his old Indy cars each year promoting the California 500.

Much of my youth was spent riding and racing dirt bikes at the amateur level and I've probably owned over 30 motorcycles. Growing up in SoCal in the 70's there were motocross tracks everywhere. Most are long gone now. My high school even had a motocross team and we raced other high schools at Corona Raceway. I've owned a few street bikes too but got out of them in my early 20's as I realized they were way too dangerous for me. In the mid 90's, as I got out of dirt bikes, I purchased an Emmick KT100 kart and raced it at the local tracks here in the Sacramento area. Sliding into a corner at 50+ MPH 1" away from the guy next to you was a lot of fun.

My first sports car was a 1967 MGB. It was a POS but I had a blast with it. Since then I've owned two Z cars and two Porsche 911's. The only high performance Ford I've owned prior to my Boss was a 1991 SHO. The only Mustang in my family was a 1977 Mustang II Ghia and I remember being really upset that my mom didn't bring home a Cobra instead. I've always wanted to own a Mustang and have looked at every model since the introduction of the Fox body cars.

I almost bought a 2005 GT when they came out and I still have photos saved of the concept car. Being Married With Children kept me out of that GT but the release of the 2011 5.0 got my attention. I test drove several and almost ordered up a Roush Stage 2 but around that same time the Boss 302 was announced so I waited. Like some of you here I placed my order the first day the 2012 order banks opened on November 19, 2010. It was a long wait but on July 15, 2011 I picked up my Boss 302. My Boss does a great job of fulfilling my Need For Speed. I've already met several members over the past two years and I look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

Hi all,

I'm Dominic. I'm 24, and an EOD tech in the Army. I just bought my '13 Boss last night (#1715, GHIG). My car background is all messed up.. from VW, Toyota, Chevy, Subaru and now Ford. I don't discriminate :) Anyway hope to learn a lot here!

mine:

IMG_1885_zpsb55b64c5.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel