The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Houston, TX
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and give thanks for the absolute wealth of knowledge all of you have contributed to this site. I recently found the site when I did a google search looking for information on track tires/brakes and ended up learning quite a bit more than I bargained for.

I'm in my 30's, currently in Houston and have always been a lover of cars, but especially Mustangs. I'm somewhat experienced with turning a wrench, but am brand new to the track world. My first event was an HPDE event with NASA back in January of this year. Tracking is something I have always wanted to do but could never afford the cost until years of hard work paid off for my wife and I recently. So, for the lack of better words - I've hit the ground running (to make up for lost time perhaps? lol) and am absolutely addicted. So far, I have completed 6 track days and participated in 1 auto-x. My focus thus far has been learning as much as I possibly can from all of the experience/instructors out there and letting the speed come with trying to perfect driving technique. Car setup is another aspect I am highly interested in and diving into quite a bit (I love it but what a pandora's box and overall cancer of the bank account it is!).

My wife is also participating in tracking with me and is just as hooked on it. She is already faster than me - go figure. I'll just be the mechanic 🙃

We have four ponies in the stable:
2011 Mustang GT (Brembo Package)
2016 Mustang GT PP
2020 GT500 (Carbon Fiber Track Pack)
2021 Mach 1

My wife tracks the 16 GT, I've been tracking the Mach 1 and we both have tracked the GT500 once, but have decided to hold back on tracking the GT500 for a while until we get more experience. I am currently overhauling the suspension on the 2011, but it will be a Sunday cruiser and not for track time (yet...).

I look forward to getting more familiar with the forum, perhaps meeting some of you out there and sharing the journey over time.

Cheers!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Congrats on the fact that you and your wife are both out having fun riding the ponies! My wife and I were both competing in Autocrossing back in the early 80s , though we were in RX7s, but it was a fun way for us to spend a weekend together. Instead of Mustangs we had 2 Mazda RX7s, but that changed in 83 as our son was born ----- should have had Mustangs as then we would have had a back seat, ha.

Keep us posted and often wives end up faster than their husbands, they seldom have as many bad habits to unlearn as guys do. Best wishes for you and your wife , going fast together will keep you both from getting furious, ha.

Welcome to trackmustangsonline raidernixon. Along with my good friend Bill Pemberton who just posted, yes, I to have be beaten by my spouse. It was at a SCCA Solo Championship Tour and she beat me both days. Ok it was in an Audi TT suiting her driving style as I was trying, with bad male habits, of jamming the car through the turns. We presently have a 2016 Mustang GT PP. We autocross it and occasionally only I do a few track days. We are still having fun!

Welcome to the forum. My son and I started doing track events about 10 years ago in our street Mustangs. It snow balled from there.
F3C0DF97-76A6-4401-98D7-7210230C8920.png
A lot of knowledge here on this forum.
Welcome.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Gibsonia, PA
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and give thanks for the absolute wealth of knowledge all of you have contributed to this site. I recently found the site when I did a google search looking for information on track tires/brakes and ended up learning quite a bit more than I bargained for.

I'm in my 30's, currently in Houston and have always been a lover of cars, but especially Mustangs. I'm somewhat experienced with turning a wrench, but am brand new to the track world. My first event was an HPDE event with NASA back in January of this year. Tracking is something I have always wanted to do but could never afford the cost until years of hard work paid off for my wife and I recently. So, for the lack of better words - I've hit the ground running (to make up for lost time perhaps? lol) and am absolutely addicted. So far, I have completed 6 track days and participated in 1 auto-x. My focus thus far has been learning as much as I possibly can from all of the experience/instructors out there and letting the speed come with trying to perfect driving technique. Car setup is another aspect I am highly interested in and diving into quite a bit (I love it but what a pandora's box and overall cancer of the bank account it is!).

My wife is also participating in tracking with me and is just as hooked on it. She is already faster than me - go figure. I'll just be the mechanic 🙃

We have four ponies in the stable:
2011 Mustang GT (Brembo Package)
2016 Mustang GT PP
2020 GT500 (Carbon Fiber Track Pack)
2021 Mach 1

My wife tracks the 16 GT, I've been tracking the Mach 1 and we both have tracked the GT500 once, but have decided to hold back on tracking the GT500 for a while until we get more experience. I am currently overhauling the suspension on the 2011, but it will be a Sunday cruiser and not for track time (yet...).

I look forward to getting more familiar with the forum, perhaps meeting some of you out there and sharing the journey over time.

Cheers!
Welcome! You're in good company.

Middleton Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Middleton, Wisconsin
Hey everyone I'm Chuck Polley, Not sure why I haven't come across this site earlier. I spend 6-8 days a year up at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. I have had many different cars out on RA over the years. I have been working at a Ford Dealership the last 16 years. I started in Detail went through the service department became the GM and now am Dealer Principle/Owner of Middleton Ford. I'm one of the dealers that sells all Shelbys at MSRP or below (had to make sure I covered that up front haha). I started Middleton Motorsports recently as our performance division where we specialize in modifying all makes and models. We have a youtube channel for all our content which shows us running cars we built or own www.youtube.com/middletonmotorsports

My Current Track Vehicle

2020 Shelby GT500
-Ground Control Camber Plates
-CFTP Springs and Rear Sway bar
-CMS Roll Bar
-MOMO 4 point harness
-Signature SV503
-Ordered SPECTRE Swan Tail Carbon wing from Archetype Racing
-Ordered Gladiator Front Splitter from Archetype Racing

I just got done with my first session at Road America the weekend of the 24-25th of April. Got 40 trouble free laps. Very impressed with the car. Just need to get the other aero installed and tuned.

Look forward to everyones racing knowledge on this site

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Hey everyone I'm Chuck Polley, Not sure why I haven't come across this site earlier. I spend 6-8 days a year up at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. I have had many different cars out on RA over the years. I have been working at a Ford Dealership the last 16 years. I started in Detail went through the service department became the GM and now am Dealer Principle/Owner of Middleton Ford. I'm one of the dealers that sells all Shelbys at MSRP or below (had to make sure I covered that up front haha). I started Middleton Motorsports recently as our performance division where we specialize in modifying all makes and models. We have a youtube channel for all our content which shows us running cars we built or own www.youtube.com/middletonmotorsports

My Current Track Vehicle

2020 Shelby GT500
-CMS Roll Bar
-MOMO 4 point harness
-Signature SV503

I just got done with my first session at Road America the weekend of the 24-25th of April. Got 40 trouble free laps. Very impressed with the car. Just need to get the other aero installed and tuned.

Welcome Chuck, glad to have you. Love the avatar - be sure to create a "vehicle profile" for your car here so that your car automatically displays in your signature:

I'm sure you'll fit right in with all the track rats here.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Visited your State many, many times , from Madison to Door County, up North to Bayfield to down to Elkhart Lake. Plenty of friends up there and they all know I am a Cheeseaholic , so I promise I will try not to call you Chuckie Cheese, though from me that is a sign of respect. Lots of fun folks here, willing to help and I hope to meet you at one of the Midwest Events ---- Central NASA Region, Great Lakes NASA, or Northwoods Shelby events.

We would love to have you bring the Huffing Beast to the Mustang Roundup in Hastings , Ne. this September. There will be plenty of GT 350s , Bosses, Shelbys, GTs, and more there, but probably only one or two of the new 500s. The Ford Engineers who always drive down from Dearborn, brought one in 2019 and hammered on it the entire event. Who knows what they will bring this year , but it would be great to have one at the event with someone who has been tracking it!!!

Check out www.racemph.com , under events it is listed as " Fast Fords and Mustang Roundup ."

Welcome and you have found your Forum for Genus Trackraticus!!

Middleton Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Middleton, Wisconsin
Visited your State many, many times , from Madison to Door County, up North to Bayfield to down to Elkhart Lake. Plenty of friends up there and they all know I am a Cheeseaholic , so I promise I will try not to call you Chuckie Cheese, though from me that is a sign of respect. Lots of fun folks here, willing to help and I hope to meet you at one of the Midwest Events ---- Central NASA Region, Great Lakes NASA, or Northwoods Shelby events.

We would love to have you bring the Huffing Beast to the Mustang Roundup in Hastings , Ne. this September. There will be plenty of GT 350s , Bosses, Shelbys, GTs, and more there, but probably only one or two of the new 500s. The Ford Engineers who always drive down from Dearborn, brought one in 2019 and hammered on it the entire event. Who knows what they will bring this year , but it would be great to have one at the event with someone who has been tracking it!!!

Check out www.racemph.com , under events it is listed as " Fast Fords and Mustang Roundup ."

Welcome and you have found your Forum for Genus Trackraticus!!
Feel free to call me Chuckie Cheese. Used to it by now haha. Would love to make that event with the 500. It’s refreshing being in this community where people actually drive their cars. I love driving these things the way they were designed and built. I was at the nwsc event the 24-25th of April. Planning on going to the advanced day in June. Hope to see you at some events!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
To me the biggest plus at the Mustang Roundup ( this will be it's 11th year ) is that Ford Engineers come to the event from Michigan to race their Mustangs. We usually have 2-3 show up , but we have had as many as 9 come down and hammer on their Steeds! The fun things is though they are fairly close mouthed we almost always get tidbits before the General Public. It was pretty amazing to see a GT 500 running with the afterburner on all day ( Sept. of 2019 ) at the Motorsports Park Hastings , and like yours , not even having a minor hiccup!

Middleton Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Middleton, Wisconsin
To me the biggest plus at the Mustang Roundup ( this will be it's 11th year ) is that Ford Engineers come to the event from Michigan to race their Mustangs. We usually have 2-3 show up , but we have had as many as 9 come down and hammer on their Steeds! The fun things is though they are fairly close mouthed we almost always get tidbits before the General Public. It was pretty amazing to see a GT 500 running with the afterburner on all day ( Sept. of 2019 ) at the Motorsports Park Hastings , and like yours , not even having a minor hiccup!
I love that. I get all the inside info but have to sign my life away not to share it lol. We can have you me and the fence post conversations at track events haha. I’ll try and make sure to get to that event!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

My Current Track Vehicle

2020 Shelby GT500
-CMS Roll Bar
-MOMO 4 point harness
-Signature SV503

Welcome to TMO!
You'll find a lot of knowledgeable and friendly people here.

Hi everyone, realized I never introduced myself, my name is Art and I live in Arizona. My first car was a 67 Mustang 289 3-Speed back in '78 when I was in HS, Ive really been wanting a new Mustang since the S550 came out, picked up a new 2019 last year with all the COVID deals going on, PP1 6-speed. My track history started back in the Mid 2000's I started racing a CBR-600RR locally with CCS and got the track bug, actually stopped riding on the street, that ended after a broken collar bone and my wife telling me I was to old to race motorcycles...lol. I only plan on doing HPDE stuff with the car as I am not willing to put the money into racing, Ive done 3 so far and of course I am what is slowing the car down, my head hasn't figured out the speed I can carry through a turn yet...more seat time!!!!!
This site has already been very helpful and I have appreciated the comments on any questions I have had.

Regards
Art

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey all 👋 I'm Casey. I live in Scottsdale, Arizona with my wife Kim and two vizlas. My wife is a Packer's fan. I love the Broncos. Maybe soon we'll have Aaron Rogers, and she'll have to love the Broncos too!

One evening, my wife and I went to play mini golf and drive go-carts. They gave me a slow car and I couldn't pass her up if I wanted to! I told my wife as we were leaving that place, it'd be really great if I could drive my mustang on a track. Without hesitating, on the way home, she found NASA AZ and told me about it. I hesitated to sign-up for a couple of weeks, but finally did, and I'm so glad I did. May 8th-9th, 2021 was my first event with HPDE1 and I made it to HPDE2.

I would love to eventually own a Shelby some day, as I'm sure most would, but I made a friend at the event who owns one, and that's pretty close! My current 2017 GT is my third mustang. My first car was a silver 2000 mustang V6 and my second was a deep impact blue 2015 eco-boost. I learned how to drive in a black 1996 mustang GT and I've been hooked on mustangs ever since.

I really enjoy the racing community. Everyone I've met so far has been very helpful and respectful and I'm really looking forward to growing with this community.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Hey all 👋 I'm Casey. I live in Scottsdale, Arizona with my wife Kim and two vizlas. My wife is a Packer's fan. I love the Broncos. Maybe soon we'll have Aaron Rogers, and she'll have to love the Broncos too!

One evening, my wife and I went to play mini golf and drive go-carts. They gave me a slow car and I couldn't pass her up if I wanted to! I told my wife as we were leaving that place, it'd be really great if I could drive my mustang on a track. Without hesitating, on the way home, she found NASA AZ and told me about it. I hesitated to sign-up for a couple of weeks, but finally did, and I'm so glad I did. May 8th-9th, 2021 was my first event with HPDE1 and I made it to HPDE2.

I would love to eventually own a Shelby some day, as I'm sure most would, but I made a friend at the event who owns one, and that's pretty close! My current 2017 GT is my third mustang. My first car was a silver 2000 mustang V6 and my second was a deep impact blue 2015 eco-boost. I learned how to drive in a black 1996 mustang GT and I've been hooked on mustangs ever since.

I really enjoy the racing community. Everyone I've met so far has been very helpful and respectful and I'm really looking forward to growing with this community.
Go Broncos!!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Rogers a Bronco? I think I have a better chance of winning the Coca-Cola 600 today!

Broncos have the third best projected ranked defense for 2021 but near the bottom in offense. A decent QB could get them to the SB. Yes, I am a fan and long tyme season ticket holder but think we're in for another rough year.

Welcome and good job in moving up from HPDE1 to 2.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
Rogers a Bronco? I think I have a better chance of winning the Coca-Cola 600 today!

Broncos have the third best projected ranked defense for 2021 but near the bottom in offense. A decent QB could get them to the SB. Yes, I am a fan and long tyme season ticket holder but think we're in for another rough year.

Welcome and good job in moving up from HPDE1 to 2.
It sure seemed like Rogers was going to get traded to the Broncos, but it looks like that didn’t happen. I’m happy about it for my wife’s sake. We know what it’s like to lose our star QB and watch the team sink down into the lower ranks. That’s awesome, hopefully we a better year than the last couple!

Thanks! I finally got a video up of my first time on the track.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
The Rogers deal isn’t off the table yet. I think the next couple weeks are going to be interesting, and in a good way for the blue & orange.

TMO Supporting Vendors