The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Re: Member Introductions

BOSS343 said:
Thats too bad. when you mentioned salt I was hoping for an illinois resident. saw a kona blue at Byron raceway last august i think...or september. hoped it was you....so much for that. nice story btw!!...and nice job trying to steal my thunder of long windedness haha

Kona Blue Boss at Byron was probably mine. There were three Boss' there that day.

NFSBOSS said:
Hi Brad welcome to BMO. Those are some terrific photos, who has the good eye you or your friend? Please invite your friend to join the forum too.

Thanks for the welcome- I will definitely get him over here. The photographer is a friend of ours and I agree, takes some amazing photos.

Glad to be here and thanks for all of the kind words.

BOSS343

Theory of 1

TMSBOSS said:
Kona Blue Boss at Byron wasprobably mine. There were three Boss' there that day.

yup a kona, a race red, and one fancy lookin Competition Orange haha. I know Kevin (race red) and I were bother runnin stock tires and wheels. I saw the kona on the way in and can't remember seeing it after that. too focused on all the craziness.

Member Introductions

Hello to all. My name is Paul, I live in NEPA. I'm a veteran and car nut!! Just purchased a 2013 RR Boss 302 last Saturday. Absolutely enjoyed the 2 hour ride back home. Previous cars, all Mustangs. 84 Mustang, 90 GT Vert, 95 GT, 2000 GT, 2004 Cobra, 93 LX Notch 363 stroker, 2003 Cobra vert and currently 2013 Boss 302. Already have mods on the way. I love detailing cars and going to shows, cruises and GTG's with my wife. She is very much into the cars, helps me install mods, data logs on the laptop. My co-pilot if you will...looking forward to meeting some of you.
bezydyna.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Phantom said:
Hello to all. My name is Paul, I live in NEPA. I'm a veteran and car nut!! Just purchased a 2013 RR Boss 302 last Saturday. Absolutely enjoyed the 2 hour ride back home. Previous cars, all Mustangs. 84 Mustang, 90 GT Vert, 95 GT, 2000 GT, 2004 Cobra, 93 LX Notch 363 stroker, 2003 Cobra vert and currently 2013 Boss 302. Already have mods on the way. I love detailing cars and going to shows, cruises and GTG's with my wife. She is very much into the cars, helps me install mods, data logs on the laptop. My co-pilot if you will...looking forward to meeting some of you.
bezydyna.jpg

Hi Paul and welcome to BMO. Did you mean Napa CA? If so I'm in Sacramento. Nice collection of Mustangs you've owned.

Member Introductions

NFSBOSS said:
Hi Paul and welcome to BMO. Did you mean Napa CA? If so I'm in Sacramento. Nice collection of Mustangs you've owned.

Northeast Pennsylvania.

NFSBOSS said:
Where in Sac? I'm in Martinez, CA now but grew up in North Highlands. Also spend a good deal of time in Napa 8).

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, I knew what you meant. I lived in SCPA. How's that Boss doing? Does it seem like the smile is permanent?

Member Introductions

FLGator said:
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, I knew what you meant. I lived in SCPA. How's that Boss doing? Does it seem like the smile is permanent?
Awesome. Very different in regards to my Cobra. Not regretting this one bit and IMO it is a definite upgrade. Magnaflow axle back arrived yesterday, Ford Racing STB as well. Still researching springs, the rear needs to come down.

Hello my name is (SSG retired 26 years 15 days 11 active the rest reserves) Jerry Elliott I'm 48 years young I served in Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Liberation (freedom) I currently own a 2007 Shelby GT 1000 miles on it. Just bought a 2013 Boss LS number 622 SBY also own a 1950 Desoto Custom (4door) with 6,200 original miles on it my Dad had Desoto use to let me set on his lap and drive! Also own 2011 F250 super cab, 2008 Mitsubishi eclipse spider ( wife's car) 2 Harley Sporsters 2006 2009 and 1987 K75 BMW. I'm not Ford Chevy blah blah blah I love cars old new whatever. I'm not real good with the wrenches but I can do about anything if I'm shown once! I loved being a soldier and would have stayed in forever if I wasn't wounded in Iraq. My wife and I have been lucky to invest in good investments and have also built a decent cleaning company that we are now working on turning over to my son next year. We currently live in New Jersey but will be retiring back to our hometown in Ohio! I love my new Boss when I bought my Shelby I didn't get crap with it no cover nothing and I bought it as they were pulling it into the showroom floor. Thanks for makeing this site a lot of great info on here! Track key install next week can't wait!

Jerry was a race car driver, he'll say YES, He's Number 1!

Well, now Jerry is a race car driver! Welcome to BMO, Jerry, thanks for your service and sacrifice, and enjoy that BOSS LS!

LOL I wish! I have drove the Nascar experience at Pocono I was scared when I rode with the instructor went a bunch of laps got a ear full for trying to pass the instructor on the last lap boy he was pissed I laughed my butt off and walked away best thing my wife ever bought me!

Hello everyone, I'm Ron and my Boss is my fourth Mustang. I had a '72 Mach 1 with a 351CJ, 4 speed. I had a '73 Mach 1 with a built 351C, automatic & 4.86:1 gears. I had an '87 Mustang LX 302, 5 speed and now of course the Boss.

Years ago I did look into buying a '70 Boss 302. That was back in about '73 or '74 and had to pass on it because they wanted $1895.00 for it and I didn't have the money. I also passed on a '69 Boss 429 that I looked at because they wanted $3995.00 for that and I thought that was way too much and they were crazy. Yeah I know..... LOL.

I've made lifelong friends along the way through my Mustang and Ford connections. One of the people I met (& we're still friends to this day) had a '69 Boss 302 and years after I met him his wife introduced me to the wonderful wife I have now. Which resulted in the most wonderful, beautiful daughter that I cherish. By the way both my girls Love the Boss. That's my story and yes my Mustangs were indirectly responsible for pretty much everything I have of real importance.

I'm also a Fairlane "nut", belong to the Fairlane Club of America and I still have my '66 GT convertible. I had the opportunity a few years ago to drive it to a club event in Tennessee and drive my car around Bristol Motor Speedway. That was awesome.

Bristol_zps9dc00aa3.jpg

FairlaneatBristol_zpsb9050bf8.jpg

OntheRoad_zps05acb70f.jpg

IMG_0898_zpsad1c8cab.jpg

Ok, intorductions- Well, Active Duty Army (12yrs), stationed at FT Irwin, CA for now. Owned several cars throught the years I miss including a 68 Cougar, 67 Coupe 289 Mustang, and a 71 Mach 1.My Boss is my DD and wife has the '11 Explorer. I purched my Boss (#1670) in Texas while stationed at FT Hood and have kept it stock-so far. Looking to flash the trackey and likely keep it stock (or at least keep it to bolt on so I can make it stock again if needed). Looking forward to any track days, link ups, or gatherings that might be out this way. See you on the track guys!

2013 Boss 302 #1670
Performance White/ Black stripe
Recaro/Mats/Cover/Torsen Diff

I would like to take a moment and introduce myself, name is Mark and I reside in southern Wisconsin. My wife Dianna and I have three lovely children, daughter Hannah, and two boys Wyatt, and Noah. We are fortunate enough to live 2 miles north of Blackhawk Farms Raceway, and about 4 hours south of Road America, in Elkhart Lake, WI. I am hoping the Boss gets a bit dirty this year!

I am a machinsit by trade and have held my Journeyman's card since 1991. I currently oversee all machining operations for our company. We are an OEM manufacturer of machine tools for the printing, packaging, and converting industries.

I have owned a Mustang in one form or another since I was 16. For the past 6 years I have been very active in the Saleen Mustang community. Having owned 4 during that time. I sold our 2002 Supercharged S281 Saleen convertible back in November of last year to help eleviate some of the pain in purchasing our 2013 SBY street Boss. Man, what a Hot Rod! Best decision I have ever made. Have zero track experience save for a touring event at BFR in our Saleen days, so this year we are diving in head first. Just finished reading "Winning", the racing chronicles of Paul Newman by Matt Stone, and figured if Paul never climbed into a car until he was 47, I can do it at 45! First track day is set for June after we return from Carlisle and get the TracKey installed.

Been lurking here for some time, and thought it was time to join this fine group of enthusiasts. Look forward to visiting more often, and eventually meeting some of you fine folks.

Thank you for your time.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel