The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Member Introductions

mardis said:
I would like to take a moment and introduce myself, name is Mark and I reside in southern Wisconsin. My wife Dianna and I have three lovely children, daughter Hannah, and two boys Wyatt, and Noah. We are fortunate enough to live 2 miles north of Blackhawk Farms Raceway, and about 4 hours south of Road America, in Elkhart Lake, WI. I am hoping the Boss gets a bit dirty this year!

I am a machinsit by trade and have held my Journeyman's card since 1991. I currently oversee all machining operations for our company. We are an OEM manufacturer of machine tools for the printing, packaging, and converting industries.

I have owned a Mustang in one form or another since I was 16. For the past 6 years I have been very active in the Saleen Mustang community. Having owned 4 during that time. I sold our 2002 Supercharged S281 Saleen convertible back in November of last year to help eleviate some of the pain in purchasing our 2013 SBY street Boss. Man, what a Hot Rod! Best decision I have ever made. Have zero track experience save for a touring event at BFR in our Saleen days, so this year we are diving in head first. Just finished reading "Winning", the racing chronicles of Paul Newman by Matt Stone, and figured if Paul never climbed into a car until he was 47, I can do it at 45! First track day is set for June after we return from Carlisle and get the TracKey installed.

Been lurking here for some time, and thought it was time to join this fine group of enthusiasts. Look forward to visiting more often, and eventually meeting some of you fine folks.

Thank you for your time.
Mark, welcome to BMO. Be sure to post photos of your Boss in the 2013 photo thread.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

mardis said:
I would like to take a moment and introduce myself, name is Mark and I reside in southern Wisconsin.

Thank you for your time.

Welcome to BMO Mark. Maybe peeps who have hung around here for awhile will also post their "new" member introductions.

Myself, I plead guilty as charged for not posting an intro...

Welcome! I will be at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle as well. I have a thing for yellow cars and this is my second consecutive yellow mustang I have owned...I will be parked with them. Stop by and say hi.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

mardis said:
I would like to take a moment and introduce myself, name is Mark and I reside in southern Wisconsin. My wife Dianna and I have three lovely children, daughter Hannah, and two boys Wyatt, and Noah. We are fortunate enough to live 2 miles north of Blackhawk Farms Raceway, and about 4 hours south of Road America, in Elkhart Lake, WI. I am hoping the Boss gets a bit dirty this year!

I am a machinsit by trade and have held my Journeyman's card since 1991. I currently oversee all machining operations for our company. We are an OEM manufacturer of machine tools for the printing, packaging, and converting industries.

I have owned a Mustang in one form or another since I was 16. For the past 6 years I have been very active in the Saleen Mustang community. Having owned 4 during that time. I sold our 2002 Supercharged S281 Saleen convertible back in November of last year to help eleviate some of the pain in purchasing our 2013 SBY street Boss. Man, what a Hot Rod! Best decision I have ever made. Have zero track experience save for a touring event at BFR in our Saleen days, so this year we are diving in head first. Just finished reading "Winning", the racing chronicles of Paul Newman by Matt Stone, and figured if Paul never climbed into a car until he was 47, I can do it at 45! First track day is set for June after we return from Carlisle and get the TracKey installed.

Been lurking here for some time, and thought it was time to join this fine group of enthusiasts. Look forward to visiting more often, and eventually meeting some of you fine folks.

Thank you for your time.

Mark

I am 45 minutes south of Rockford. I am also planning oh being at blackhawk in June. First time there for me.

I experienced MMP with track attack last year and now want to try something close to home.

Hope to see you there

Tracy

TMSBOSS said:
Mark

I am 45 minutes south of Rockford. I am also planning oh being at blackhawk in June. First time there for me.

I experienced MMP with track attack last year and now want to try something close to home.

Hope to see you there

Tracy

Tracy,

Good to hear. We are 20 minutes north of Rockford in Beloit, WI. Right smack dab on the border of Wisconsin.

I am set for the June 26th open track day held by BFR. First time, and am looking forward to it. I will take my time, listen and learn. I have no preconceptions and want to soak in as much as I can.

Give us a shout when you are in the area. Have a garage fridge full of icy cold Leinie's, and you are more than welcome to stop in any time.

Thank you to all for the warm welcome, it is appreciated.

Darren here from SE Kansas. I work as a product engineer for John Deere. I recently purchased my 2013 Race Red Boss 302 in January of this year. I previously drove and owned multiple modular fords: 1992 Lincoln Town Car, 1995 Town Car, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2000 Town Car, 2001 Town Car, 2002 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, 2004 Mercury Marauder, and my latest DD: 2004 Lincoln Navigator.

I only DD the boss on nice days, and do a lot of weekend cruising. Recently passed 1000 miles on the new girl lol. I look forward to reading all of your posts, and getting insight into keeping her in new condition for as long as I can.

DZ

dziskovs said:
Darren here from SE Kansas. I work as a product engineer for John Deere. I recently purchased my 2013 Race Red Boss 302 in January of this year. I previously drove and owned multiple modular fords: 1992 Lincoln Town Car, 1995 Town Car, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2000 Town Car, 2001 Town Car, 2002 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, 2004 Mercury Marauder, and my latest DD: 2004 Lincoln Navigator.

I only DD the boss on nice days, and do a lot of weekend cruising. Recently passed 1000 miles on the new girl lol. I look forward to reading all of your posts, and getting insight into keeping her in new condition for as long as I can.

DZ
Welcome to BMO. Be sure to check out the Mustang Roundup at MPH this September. There's a sticky in the Events forum.

Yet another new guy here!!!

Located in the Florida Panhandle (Otherwise known as Floribama).

Just purchased my 13' Boss on Monday and am having a blast! Looking forward to learning all about this great machine and hopefully getting to some of these tracks I keep hearing about.

Hello My name is James, I picked up my Boss 302 LS yesterday. I traded in my 09 GT500. The boss is a better all around car and is shear pleasure to drive. Love the track apps steering wheel controls, sync, launch control etc. The tranmission is way easier and smoother (no clutch chatter) gets off the line a lot easier as well. I know I made the right decision. I am going to school right now for air traffic controlling and I like to ride motocross on weekends. I hope to take the boss to Daytona in December of this year.

I bought the car used with 1250 miles. The last owner had it for 9 months then traded it in on a 13' GT500. I got the track key and car cover and boss302 gift package box with it. I believe the plates are off of the exhaust. Its LS #66.

pics:
350j8zl.jpg

35lyzuu.jpg

11c9nq8.jpg

vazw9.jpg

313pw84.jpg

2wgvvwi.jpg

2w2iyl4.jpg

5jv5s9.jpg

20i6g0.jpg

zk8n.jpg

ztg5fn.jpg

Thank you,NFSBOSS.
Ford Japan does not sell BOSS302 in Japan. When I buy BOSS302 in Japan, it is necessary to carry it by oneself from the United States.There seem to be BOSS302 several in Japan, but it is very unusual.

I was going to add a marker to a map, but I was not able to do it :'(

Hello all,

My name is Jason and we live in North Texas. We recently purchased our 2013 SBY Boss 302 (May 4, 2013) ;D. It only had 15 miles on it when we took it home and 6 of those were from my test drive. We have been debating the purchased for a while and finally decided if we were going to get one now was the time.. We traded our 2010 Challenger SRT8 and we have no regrets. We are now an all ford family with five Mustangs and one Explorer XLT (daily driver). I have done a few things to the Boss including adding the Track Key Flash and switching out the exhaust plates to 7/8 plates. The car is awesome and we love it.

What's up everyone. I'm Brendan, and while I don't drive a Boss, I am hoping to start doing some track days in my 2011 GT. This is the best mustang forum I have found so far, probably because you guys care about going around corners ;) Anyways, I live in College Station TX and am going to Texas A&M. Luckily, Texas World Speedway is right here in town, so I don't have very far to get to a track.

My car has Roush Axleback exhaust, and Eibach Sport kit springs. Plus a couple appearance mods, CS Valence, fog light delete.

906306_2694974140562_443052858_o.jpg

I have already learned so much from this forum, thanks for making it an awesome place. Maybe I'll see you guys out on a track somewhere.

Raymax said:
What's up everyone. I'm Brendan, and while I don't drive a Boss, I am hoping to start doing some track days in my 2011 GT. This is the best mustang forum I have found so far, probably because you guys care about going around corners ;) Anyways, I live in College Station TX and am going to Texas A&M. Luckily, Texas World Speedway is right here in town, so I don't have very far to get to a track.

My car has Roush Axleback exhaust, and Eibach Sport kit springs. Plus a couple appearance mods, CS Valence, fog light delete.

I have already learned so much from this forum, thanks for making it an awesome place. Maybe I'll see you guys out on a track somewhere.
Welcome Brendan. You can blame Gary, Scott and Pete for making this the best Mustang forum ever! All cousins of the Boss 302 are welcome especially when they are Kona Blue. 8)

NFSBOSS said:
Welcome Brendan. You can blame Gary, Scott and Pete for making this the best Mustang forum ever! All cousins of the Boss 302 are welcome especially when they are Kona Blue. 8)

Thanks for the welcome!

Kona Blue is one of the prettiest colors I have seen. I ordered my 2011 having never seen it in person back in March of 2010.

firefighter120

just an ordinary guy with an extra-ordinary car

I'm a mutt from all over but currently based in New York. I was in the market for a nicely balanced rear wheel drive sports car that would be calm enough to cruise with the wife and my little 4 year old while at the drop of a hat turn into an absolute beast that I could really push on the track by myself.

I first looked at a either a brand new Mazda Miata or a used Porsche 911 Turbo...instead I fell in love with the BOSS 302, the car, the racing heritage, the handling, the exhaust note, the exclusivity and the performance! Plus I have to mention that every person I met who owned a boss are some of the most friendliest, down to earth folks that I've come across which did also influence my getting this beauty.

A 2013 school bus yellow with recaro pkg and torsen helical diff that I drive everyday to work and its got blizzaks for the winter but will never see any salt or snow!

As a volunteer firefighter I believe life is very precious and needs to be respected and lived with passion to its fullest and this car feels like its an extension of my soul!

Sorry to keep rambling, I just love this car and can't wait to hit the track!

And a big thank you to all of you with your forum entries so I can properly maintain and take care of my Sally!

I also did a small video on the BOSS, so if you folks have the time, do take a look and tell me what you think!

MD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nWx9Tu3dGJ4[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors