The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

minimal mod success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you've thought about swapping those rubber toe link bushings for the ford performance delrin ones... do it.
all i've done is subframe spacers and those bushings to my PP1. its exactly how i wish ford sent the car out now.
very responsive, no more wandering on bad roads, and i got my workout for the week installing these bastards.
1677551650426.png

1677551677078.png
if my wife asks it was preventative maintenance :)

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
So cal
Nice, I actually have them but havent gotten around to installing them yet. Got any tips or tricks to help with the install?

it's funny how well some of the small things work, with the SN95 cars it was the 2x ball joints, it turned it into a different vehicle. Nice to know this bit of info on the S550s

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Your wife called my wife and she told her it was a TSB for safety. My wife does not know what a TSB is, figures your wife does not either, but after 46 years of marriage it is my go to comment. So, you are safe and I am pretty sure there are a few more TSBs for mod changes coming in your near future.

Your wife called my wife and she told her it was a TSB for safety. My wife does not know what a TSB is, figures your wife does not either, but after 46 years of marriage it is my go to comment. So, you are safe and I am pretty sure there are a few more TSBs for mod changes coming in your near future.

we have a lot of construction around us right now and i could really feel the car wander on the mismatch half done roads.
went for a long drive last night, now she's 100% golden. its ridiculous how confident the car feels now.

I think the base cars don't have the wandering problem because they have enough sidewall for the tire to soak up the imperfections.
our 21 explorer has probably the same bushing and its fine because it just has 18's and truck tires.

i have no clue why ford didn't put these bushings in all the performance focused variants but im sure a bean counter has something to do with it.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Leave the new FP bushings in the freezer for 3 or 4 days prior to install.

Use a $hit-ton of hair spray on the knuckle (receptacle) and bushing during install.

Makes it a lot easier.

the freezer trick didn't help me much. the hole is a fair bit smaller than the bushing so its literally being forced to conform around the bushing.
i think ftbr or griggs sells a bushing that has a shoulder with a clip on one side so it doesn't rely on such a tight fit.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel