The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 suspension mods?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wondering what suspension mods you guys are running. I have a bias to run as close to stock as possible. Will be installing camber plates to run FP alignment specs.

I usually run intermediate/advance HPDE.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
What's the prevailing opinion on the rear GT350r springs vs. the GT350? I was thinking about just running R front springs and swapping for the R rear sway bar, combining that with camber plates and the R front Splitter and calling it a day (for this HPDE season).

DFW, TX
What's the prevailing opinion on the rear GT350r springs vs. the GT350? I was thinking about just running R front springs and swapping for the R rear sway bar, combining that with camber plates and the R front Splitter and calling it a day (for this HPDE season).
The R springs are still stiffer initially than the track pack spring, its just they are more linear. The track pack springs will end up at the same rate at nearer full compression. I'm likely always to have more tire on the rear and not a square setup so I don't think I would ever put the softer rear spring back in.

The parts are cheap, R springs cost the same as any other Mustang.

I'm not a fan of large rear sway bars, so I'll never run the huge aftermarket sway bars that are out there. I also will not run the FP lowering springs unless it becomes a more track centric car. I'm already worried when I drop to 30 series tires.

Remember to get the bigger rear bushings (+1/16") for the sway bar. The part numbers are somewhere here or I can probably find them.

My impressions of the car, all running stock MPSS tires:

1) Stock Track Pack - slight understeer
2) R Springs, Camber plates, Ford suggested alignment - more grip, slight understeer
3) Adding R rear bar - neutral (1/16" bigger bar is not much but it was immediately noticeable at the track)

I'm running a little lower tire pressure than the Ford recommendation for the track.

Sorry should have clarified I have an R :)

Specifically:
Someone mentioned vertical links are weak and need replacing. Have seen a few mention wheel-hop (I know what wheel hop is from my s197) but I didnt feel any at FPRS. Few mentioned subframe connectors "improved" the car but again, I didn't feel any slop at FPRS.

My thought is the car handles really well out of the box already. Strengthening vertical links will not change geometry and handling characteristics...so I might do that as a precautionary mod. Subframes don't seem necessary. Wheel hop, well I didnt notice any.

Last edited:
I had a pre-order for a '16 AG, then 2 days before delivery the dealer asked for $10-20k over our agreed MSRP deal. Told him to pound sand.

Then an opportunity came up for the R so I picked it up around Aug '16. Been sitting in the garage because of the wet winter in the NW.

Have you always had an R? The module will be interesting then and Filip at CorteX will be testing it on his R.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel