The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

mt82 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2013 boss mt82,getting a grind going into 3rd gear,I believe its the 3rd gear sycro's. how expensive is it to replace? Already have a mcleod rst with a braided clutch line Purchased a Ben Calimer stage 2 tranny,he said to send it back,he will fix it for free but it's over $200 just to ship back,then down time,daily driver,then it has to get shipped back plus labor for removal and reinstall,hoping to just get it fixed locally if the price is right, need opinions please.Thanks in advance

Have your dealer look at it.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Ouch thats not nice! I would just send it back to Ben. If ford takes a peak inside they will see its no longer a stock tranny in any case. I hope my Calimer tranny does ok! So far feels great! Since you have most of the goodies already, I would get a Blowfish bracket installed at the same time.

Ben did say send it back,he would fix it free of charge,problem is $200 to send it back fedex. takes 4 days there and 4 days back plus repair time its my daily driver 3rd and 4th gear grind going into gear over 2000 rpm's ,Syncro's are brand new he said but he also said there were a few problems with the new parts too.Dam Chinese inconsistancy. Guess the rightful thing would be to return it and get it fixed right but labo for take out and reinstall and rental car cost money afterr I just shelled out money on the tranny,mgw race spec shifter,mcleod rst and flywheel,new t/o bearing,pliot bearing and braided clutch cable. Wish i could get it fixed locally but I hear it takes ford special tools to fix.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Ask him to cover the cost of shipping it back. There are a lot of potential customers for him on the this forum. Explain your situation, I bet he covers the shipping. Let us know how it turns out. Thanks

Adam

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel