The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Questions for those with Exedy Hypersingle specifically in a 2011 car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Plainfield, NJ
Morning guys - I'm mentally preparing for the prospect of doing a clutch in the near future. I've settled on Exedy Hypersingle since it seems like that seems like the go to on here.
My main question - my car is an early 2011 car so I'm assuming it probably has the throwout bearing spacer that came from the factory.
I'm wondering if anyone here ever installed an Exedy hypersingle had to add any additional shimming? More than like would be doing the job myself with some help so I just want to make sure I get my ducks in a row before it ever happens.

Appreciate any feedback, thank you.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Morning guys - I'm mentally preparing for the prospect of doing a clutch in the near future. I've settled on Exedy Hypersingle since it seems like that seems like the go to on here.
My main question - my car is an early 2011 car so I'm assuming it probably has the throwout bearing spacer that came from the factory.
I'm wondering if anyone here ever installed an Exedy hypersingle had to add any additional shimming? More than like would be doing the job myself with some help so I just want to make sure I get my ducks in a row before it ever happens.

Appreciate any feedback, thank you.
Contact Dean at KOHR he will know the skinny on your setup and has the correct spacers in stock for those that need them.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
The factory spacer behind the slave cylinder on the 2011 cars was used to set the preload on the slave cylinder correctly.. Ford later shortened the bell housing on the MT82 and eliminated the spacer. You will most likely need the spacer with the Exedy. I did with the Mantic clutch I installed in my 2011 with MT82. You should measure the preload on the slave cylinder and shim to .500-.625".

TMO Supporting Vendors