The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

my drag runs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdQ-qjwK0y8&feature=youtu.be

here are 2 of my runs from our track rental. not my 2 best performances but only ones caught on video

1st run - launch at 4500 rpm on the trackey launch control, missed 3rd ( ugh, mgw didn't make it in time, lol )

2nd run - got out to check gopro and shut off car and forgot to turn off traction control and stalled it at the line ( doh! )

overall fun time since I had not been drag racing in at least 5 years

I started the day by launching at 3000 rpm off launch control but I was bogging off the line with the new nitto nt05r's. I then bumped it up to 4500 and that worked pretty good

I did not have any great times unfortunately as the DA was 3600 and almost 100% humidity

I got my 60's down to 1.9 but my best 1/4 run was only 12.97 - only mods are airaid cai and gt500 mufflers

obviously I am not power shifting either

planning to have another rental in the fall
 
another video, unfortunately of me losing to a vette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Q8Me_NTO4&feature=youtu.be
 
this is my favorite video from the track rental, one of the members brought his drone and recorded the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BQyNm74Di4
 

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
6,981
4,303
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Illinois
GOT SVT said:
this is my favorite video from the track rental, one of the members brought his drone and recorded the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BQyNm74Di4

That is COOL!!!

Having had two near misses with drones, I really don't care for them. But that is cool.
 
That is cool. My son doesn't know it yet but he might get one for his birthday to use just like that. ;)

PJ how many cars showed up to your event?
 
GOT SVT said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdQ-qjwK0y8&feature=youtu.be

here are 2 of my runs from our track rental. not my 2 best performances but only ones caught on video

1st run - launch at 4500 rpm on the trackey launch control, missed 3rd ( ugh, mgw didn't make it in time, lol )

2nd run - got out to check gopro and shut off car and forgot to turn off traction control and stalled it at the line ( doh! )

overall fun time since I had not been drag racing in at least 5 years

I started the day by launching at 3000 rpm off launch control but I was bogging off the line with the new nitto nt05r's. I then bumped it up to 4500 and that worked pretty good

I did not have any great times unfortunately as the DA was 3600 and almost 100% humidity

I got my 60's down to 1.9 but my best 1/4 run was only 12.97 - only mods are airaid cai and gt500 mufflers

obviously I am not power shifting either

planning to have another rental in the fall

Nice car!

1.9 60 foot is OK but you probably need to slip the clutch a little more to get something faster. Issue will be the factory clutch does not like to be slipped and might start stinking and burning. its worth a try you shouldn't fry it.. if it smells hell w it. Did you notice how good those tires hook on the street? i had a 305/18 set of those and even in the rain they were like glue, but my quickest 60' was still in the mid 1.8's. i got a set of hoosier drag radials 275/50/15's and they hook a lot better - got a 1.72 60' slipping the clutch a little.
 
twistedneck said:
Nice car!

1.9 60 foot is OK but you probably need to slip the clutch a little more to get something faster. Issue will be the factory clutch does not like to be slipped and might start stinking and burning. its worth a try you shouldn't fry it.. if it smells hell w it. Did you notice how good those tires hook on the street? i had a 305/18 set of those and even in the rain they were like glue, but my quickest 60' was still in the mid 1.8's. i got a set of hoosier drag radials 275/50/15's and they hook a lot better - got a 1.72 60' slipping the clutch a little.

thanks

I changed tires at the track for a couple reasons that day. 1. rain was in the forecast and from previous experience drag radials aren't the best but sounds like you did ok. 2. treadwear - I want these to last as long as possible

I will have them on soon for another event which is closer and plan to drive with them on
 
Nice vids. I ran mine with red key and all stock, traction control on, launched at 3800 and ran a 12.5. don't remember the 60' times though. I will be in Pittsburgh end of July, maybe I will drive the Boss out.
 
had another private track rental this past sunday with http://www.steelcitymusclecars.com/forums/forum.php

my friend with the corvette in the earlier posts got a new corvette and I avenged my loss to him :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa3UXZ1EMdo
 
finally got the mgw race spec put in before the rental, all good so far

I ran a new pb - 12.4 at 113 mph

ran 12.4-12.5 on all my runs
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top