The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 My new tires are 3.5 years old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

49
31
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Illinois
I had some new Continental ECS02 installed at my local Ford dealership last week.

The rear tires have a date code of 1826 which is obviously fine. But the date code on the fronts is 1223. Winter’s almost here so they’ll be 4 years old by the time I can start using them this spring.

I drive my car less than 1,000 miles per year so my street tires age out before the tread wears down. These Continentals will be my primary street tires and my backup/rain tires for the track (I have separate wheels/tires for dry track days).

How would you feel about this? If it should be addressed, what’s the best way to approach the dealership about it?
 
Top