The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Feb

NASA AZ @ Chuckwalla (Crossover event w/SoCal) - 17-18 Feb 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
For anyone thinking of attending, this is always a GREAT event with a big turnout, especially in the Race and TT groups.
Car is still down and various other obligations prevent me from making it this time, however.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
I'd like to report that out of all the ST cars, the two mustangs were the only ones I didn't have to talk to at some point about some area of misconduct or compliance.

I can't tell you where they placed (and may not for some time while we sort out all the body contact), but it was a fun (albeit busy event). Always good to catch up with @Adam Ginsberg , next time I'll try to bring a car

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SoCal
It was good to see you @ CVR Chris, and I appreciate your help over the VERY busy weekend.

For those interested, it was a very large turnout. 114 cars in the racing classes - 38 in Group A alone (SM and MSC) in which I was RD. Unsure how many for HPDE.

And.....our great-nephew took his first ever green flag races in SM after earning his comp license late last year. On Sat, he qual'd P8, finished P10. Sunday, he qual'd P6, finished P5. P3 for Sat TMC, and P2 for Sun TMC. The kid (he's 17) is HOOKED on racing now. His parents really don't have any idea what they're in for. :p

TMO Supporting Vendors