The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NASA Road America - August 1st - 3rd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Anyone planning on attending? I'm towing out from Colorado with a couple other NASA folks (GTS2 and 2-3 TT'rs). I plan on getting in late Thursday night and running all three days.

Pretty sure Gary (Cloud9) will be there. He's asked me to paddock down near turn one (some crazy a$$ instructions... I drew a picture and circled some stuff). Look for the orange Boss 302s in that area and stop by and say hi (or whatever you Wisconsin people say :) ).

See you there!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cosm3os said:
I'll be there officiating, but probably not driving.

Don't black flag me bro!

:)

I may paddock near Optimus Prime.... the big-rig out of Colorado with Dave Balingit as driver. He's bringing out the rig (I guess) to assist with timing / scoring and has kindly offered to carry back as many tires as I dare purchase from GTRacing :)

GA
I really want to drive Road America. Hooked on Driving has a track day there the Monday after the race weekend on 8/10. I was thinking of doing that and then driving on down to the Woodward Dream Cruise week.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
PJWANNABE said:
I really want to drive Road America. Hooked on Driving has a track day there the Monday after the race weekend on 8/10. I was thinking of doing that and then driving on down to the Woodward Dream Cruise week.

Damn... wish I could hang around for Woodward. That's on my bucket list as well. This damn work thing keeps interfering with my bucket list getting empty :(

Anybody else coming out for this? I'm just running TT Saturday/Sunday since I'm planning on hitting NASA TT at MPH the following weekend. The car will be lucky to survive two more days at RA with only a few days to rehab before the next event, let alone three.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
44 entries in Time Trials... 7 in TT3.

Should be an interesting weekend... lots of diversity on the entry list.

Looks like I'm going to run on Friday. Putting together the 4 thickest pads in the box and running on street tires. Lots of coasting! Take it easy on me!!

cosm3os said:
Looks like I'm going to run on Friday. Putting together the 4 thickest pads in the box and running on street tires. Lots of coasting! Take it easy on me!!
Wait until Saturday! I am only running Sat/Sun but you'll get to run with John. Hopefully I'll see you at the track Friday late afternoon when I get there. Have fun!

cloud9 said:
Wait until Saturday! I am only running Sat/Sun but you'll get to run with John. Hopefully I'll see you at the track Friday late afternoon when I get there. Have fun!

Can't. I'll be working. Looking forward to it. Last man at the track buys the first round!

Race pads installed--check
Brake fluid changed--check
New brake ducts installed--check
Trans scoop installed--check
Fluids--check
Nut and bolt suspension--check

Just gotta pack! See you tomorrow!

cosm3os said:
Race pads installed--check
Brake fluid changed--check
New brake ducts installed--check
Trans scoop installed--check
Fluids--check
Nut and bolt suspension--check

Just gotta pack! See you tomorrow!
Looking forward to it. Have a great day on the track tomorrow!

cosm3os said:
Great to meet you guys! What a fantastic weekend!
You too Kyle! It was a blast, but a late one when I got home last night. Blew a trailer tire 20 miles from home! :mad:

Thankfully no other major mechanicals and no bent sheet metal :D That was pretty cool running with FIFTY cars in Time Trials on that fast of a track. I haven't had time to look for any video but I had some operator error on Saturday and missed out on most of it.

TMO Supporting Vendors