The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Number "216" Is In The Building!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Birthday 216 enjoy your new Boss, I saw the 2012 GBLS at BJ last year, love that color...as my wife will say about a box of chocolates, there's not a bad one in this bunch, LOL :), great photo's, got to see my Boss on the truck also2011-06-07_16-19-33_79.jpgphoto-2.jpg

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
BOSSAZ said:
Thanks guys appreciate it! Yeah PT that is Don Sanderson Ford. Great place to deal with.

Noticed a few things on those pics, what's that 'thing' in the middle of the passenger side door in pix 3 & 4 ? Is that 'mrs. bossaz' checking out the new member of the family? I'd never be able to get mine w/o my wife being 100% behind me.

Also, not to be a killjoy, but it looks like from picture 8 that the right hand side small stripe on the fascia doesn't exactly line up with that portion of the stripe that continues up onto the hood. I had noticed this exact same thing on the Boss I saw at the auto show, however on the left side. I was thinking of posting a separate thread on this for new owners to double check when they pick up their Boss. For 45k you want this to be as close to perfect as possible, and this could be a QA issue at AAI.

While researching 'transport mode' I found this from last year from a '12 delivery post;

Picked up my Yellow Blaze Boss, # 1535, today. I actually drove it (cautiously) from the rail yard here in OKC to the dealership. My salesman took then took the car into the service bay, where they supposedly did some programming on it to "free up the horsepower" (I told him that I thought just by driving the car a few miles, the delivery tune would go away, but he insisted). After about 20 minutes, he pulled around and handed me the keys (I wanted to do all the detailing work myself). I got home and immediately got to work. I found some issues, like the hood decal being a little off-center (anyone else have this problem?)

IMG_0115-1.jpg

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
ace72ace said:
BOSSAZ said:
Thanks guys appreciate it! Yeah PT that is Don Sanderson Ford. Great place to deal with.

Noticed a few things on those pics, what's that 'thing' in the middle of the passenger side door in pix 3 & 4 ? Is that 'mrs. bossaz' checking out the new member of the family? I'd never be able to get mine w/o my wife being 100% behind me.

Also, not to be a killjoy, but it looks like from picture 8 that the right hand side small stripe on the fascia doesn't exactly line up with that portion of the stripe that continues up onto the hood. I had noticed this exact same thing on the Boss I saw at the auto show, however on the left side. I was thinking of posting a separate thread on this for new owners to double check when they pick up their Boss. For 45k you want this to be as close to perfect as possible, and this could be a QA issue at AAI.

While researching 'transport mode' I found this from last year from a '12 delivery post;

Picked up my Yellow Blaze Boss, # 1535, today. I actually drove it (cautiously) from the rail yard here in OKC to the dealership. My salesman took then took the car into the service bay, where they supposedly did some programming on it to "free up the horsepower" (I told him that I thought just by driving the car a few miles, the delivery tune would go away, but he insisted). After about 20 minutes, he pulled around and handed me the keys (I wanted to do all the detailing work myself). I got home and immediately got to work. I found some issues, like the hood decal being a little off-center (anyone else have this problem?)

IMG_0115-1.jpg

Ace were you using an electron microscope to find these items on my Pics???

The object in the middle of the passenger side door was obviously a present dropped on the car while in transit from a General Motors Bird!!!!

There is currently no Mrs. BOSSAZ....but if she plays her cards right ya never know!!!

After your post I checked and yes the facia stripe is off about a 16th of an inch...adds character.

I also found a small piece of reflective stripe on the drivers side hood that goes to the fender with bubbling. This I probably will replace.

Note to new owners: You have ONE WEEK FROM DELIVERY to contact your dealer with any imperfections to be warrantied by Ford!

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Hey, I have a sharp eye and good monitors! Just looking out for fellow Boss owners, wanted you to be happy and not wishing you had noticed sooner. So how is it so far? Are the folks in your neighborhood walking into fixed objects as you drive by? Do little kids giggle and point? And what about the rumors of that perma-grin on your face?! :D

BOSSAZ said:
Haven't really...really banged on it yet so can't say much about the 7500 rpm redline but everything else is a blast.
Go out and hit the rev limiter and get it over with. You won't hurt it I promise. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors