The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

One reason to avoid cheap tools

AdmirC

TMO Intermediate
Vancouver BC
These ESCO ones. I ordered the shorter ones for use with my Mustangs and Porsche. Made in Asia but very well made. They also play nice with my RaceDeck flooring.

View attachment 15972
That looks like a nice stand, I like that it's flat on the top as well. I always found the cutout on the classic stands always was too deep and damaged the body work if you try to put it on the pinch weld.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
They expanded the recall today:

“Pittsburgh 3 ton steel jack stands (SKU 56373) that replaced the recalled jack stands. We're now adding these jack stands to our recall.”

They will also allow for refund or credit on a lot of their other jackstands that are not on the official recall list.

blacksheep-1

TMO Addict
I still have my SK Wayne box and my Chicago Pneumatic CP734 impact wrench I bought back in 1976 when I was working flat rate. I could barely scrape together the money to buy them back then.

I have been spending a fair bit of time on this and can say the Harbor Freight Icon lone is relatively nice, made in Taiwan vs China but for the non-pro that wants an easy lifetime warranty and excellent customer service and good quality, I have been very happy with my Tekton tools. If you buy direct you get rewards for 10% back credited to your account the next day. My HF jack stands were not recalled, they were the “nicer” 3 ton stands but I’ll be tossing them and picking up some Escos to compliment my just acquired QuickJack.

TMO Supporting Vendors