The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

PCM overheating causing electrical issues???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Oklahoma
So I’m recently back from Heartland Motorsports Park and I struggled with a gremlin all weekend. After 3-4 laps my car would stutter when applying power and then I’d get ABS warning, advanced trac off etc. I’d go out next session and same thing. Finally pushed it and car went into limp mode. Data log looks fine until MAF signal freaks out. Pulled computer up and here is the codes:
ABS Module
C0051:67-68
U0100:00-28
U0140:00-68
U0401:00-28
Instrument Cluster
U0100:00-08
U0401:00-08
U0415:00-08
U0420:02-08

Also 3 codes showing lost communication with side obstacle detection module.
I am NA with aftermarket long tube headers. 2015 GT performance pack. You think the PCM could be getting hot and causing all of these issues? Seems way to random for me to have all of those issues at the exact same time. If so, how do I protect the PcM from heat sitting right next to the header on the passenger side? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
There is a TBS which seems to cover what you have. It’s more of a procedures type problem with diagnostics. CJ Pony has a list of TSBs for our cars.
This may explain the number of codes you have but not the reason for the original code, failure.
A quick scan for online threads for the U0051 indicate everything from clock spring to wiring issues. None indicated the PCM as an issue. Most mentioned the need for a diagnostics tool better than a common scan tool.
Did you check out the basics, battery and charging system? A low battery or weak charging system along with bad grounds can throw all kinds of strange codes.

TMO Supporting Vendors