The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Phoenix S550 T-2 Mustang Winning at Summit Point, Pitsburgh, Watkins Glen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An update on thedevelopment of our S550..

Kurt has continued working on improving our 2015/2017 S550 T-2 spec race car.

Wins this year include Summit Point, Pittsburgh and Watkins Glen..

In spite of being saddled with more weight and restriction than the S197 live axle Mustangs, suspension tuning and handling improvements centered around penske Shocks and Ford racing suspension components have paid big dividends...

We are not fast in a straight line due to the restrictors, but handling is very good... So good in fact that SCCA has reduced our tire size from 295 to 275 to slow us down...

We won the lead trophy!!!

next race is NJMP on July 22 and 23.. Stop by and see us,,, Guaranteed to be VERY warm in south Jersey this time of year!!!

Pictures to come soon.

See kurt's post race interviews on SCCA.com

https://www.scca.com/videos/2032652

https://www.scca.com/videos/2032700

Last edited:
Joe that's great news and I'm a big fan of the IRS and front suspension on the S550 chassis. I sure hope the S650 goes on a diet!

FYI you can now load photos directly to TMO by using the Upload a File bar you see when creating a post.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
That's great news, congrats!

3600lbs post-race minimum weight, I see. Do you think there are ways to get the weight down further, if not limited by classing? I am still wondering how light the S550 can get in race trim.

TMO Supporting Vendors