The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your Boss 302 or S197 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Pics of your Boss or Mustang at the track!!!

steveespo said:
Welcome to the site and post some lap times in our lap time thread. Might be funny to see a V6 beat some of us V8 guys. Remember to upgrade the brakes with DOT 4 fluid and cooling ducts for track use.
Steve
Yep and look for some take off Brembo brakes to add to your car. Welcome to BMO.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

killaz05 said:
I notice there are no v6 mustangs on this site but I think they are great track cars too! Not as great as the boss mustang but for my budget it works. Hope to enjoy being a part of this Mustang community :D

Welcome, and I hope you post updates on on your car as you make changes!

Actually, there are a few V6s around here that have seen track time. I just sold my '00 GT (drag car) to make space for a V6 dedicated track car with a target weight of 3,100 lb. So you won't be alone here. :)

ufnavy06 said:
Bet you're the only one with an Opel or a Vauxhall in a picture with you.
Haha, yes! It's an Opel Speedster Turbo, track-prepped with R comps, Ohlins dampers and lots of goodies. 1700 lbs and 260 hp. Well spotted, sir!

a few from Winterfest at VIR

DSC_1307_zpse6lkqgg9.jpg
DSC_1302_zpsdjj4ke5h.jpg
DSC_1303_zpsm8ejnojs.jpg

vinyl wrap done at the last minute doesn't last long lol

DSC_1930_zps7gq48alb.jpg

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

ArizonaBOSS said:
Got some slip angle on that last one! What tires did you run?

Yea, fun ;D

Michelin PSS in the full wet. Track needed to dry a lot -- looked mostly dry the next morning, but the NT01's were a real handful :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel