The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your Boss 302 or S197 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
2012-Boss said:
Yes, I bought a Magnum XL.
do you have the 2.97 low gear trans?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
12916856_1303102299702052_7278196097449627851_o.jpg

Those 295/30-18 semi slicks do look very small!

VoodooBOSS said:
Scott, very nice. That roll bar looks familiar!

Thanks, actually the roll bar is a hybrid design of my own. It uses the maximum Motorsports main hoop gusset attachments, with down bars inspired by the Watson bar. I was not a fan of the MM down bars going to the thin sheet metal of the wheel wells. They do not offer any structural support. The Watson down bars go to a part of the vehicle that has some decent structure, just inboard of the spring perches. I am also pretty tall, so I laid back the main hoop to behind the upper D-ring attachments so I had clearance to my seat. Plus that allowed the factory belts to be retained in their position and used on the street as intended.

drano38

Wayne
I joined the Porsche Club at MPH in Hastings NE last weekend. Three great days on the track. Two DE groups and 2 PCA race groups.
DE had a few Corvettes and 2 other Mustangs from Kansas City mixed in with the Porsche's.
My times were not as good as past events there, but still enjoyed the weekend.

MPH6-16-3_zpsslxzrclx.jpg
MPH6-16-7_zpsxn1l0tjt.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Is it me or is anyone else noticing there are more '12 Bosses in these pictures than I see '13s?

I also notice more '12s when I'm at the track as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel