The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your GT350 or S550 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Some shots from the NASA Central Region Nebraska State Fair Grand Prix at MPH. I was running with some of my buddies in their Vipers and considering I was able to stay within a second of most of them on my R7s, it was a solid weekend. They were running TTU, so all of them had slapped on used Pirelli Slicks. I have run at Topeka and Hastings both twice this year and the Hoosiers are still holding up! Both tracks are very easy on tires so put each on your list since low tire wear stretchy the tire budget.

Ran my fastest time in a Mustang MPH at 1:34.194! That includes 2 Boss 302s, one GT 350, and a Boss 302S.

DSC07003.jpg

DSC07007.jpg

DSC07469.jpg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
So cal
Woah, do you have more information on your front splitter?
Is it custom-made?
Its kind of a mix of parts and manufacturers. The blade of the splitter and rear quick disconnect brackets are from racebred components, , the front splitter rods are from professional awesome. I can remove the splitter in less than a minute. The air fence is from amazon its actually for landscaping edging, but easy to form and work with. Since that pic I've also added the canards from Aj Hartman.

Nov-13-2022-Nasa (Sun) [[08181117f2]] - Time Trial - Session 2 (Turn 16) - CVR_4001_Nov1322_10...jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
Its kind of a mix of parts and manufacturers. The blade of the splitter and rear quick disconnect brackets are from racebred components, , the front splitter rods are from professional awesome. I can remove the splitter in less than a minute. The air fence is from amazon its actually for landscaping edging, but easy to form and work with. Since that pic I've also added the canards from Aj Hartman.

View attachment 81963
Niceee love it!
I see Racebred doesn't have Mustang specific bracket, did you purchase for another model version and modified it to fit onto your Mustang?

I current have APR Carbon Splitter with chassis mount kit from Liquivinyl sitting in my garage collecting dust because I'm still hesitant... I can't decide if this is the right decision lol

Anyways, looks sick man!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
So cal
Niceee love it!
I see Racebred doesn't have Mustang specific bracket, did you purchase for another model version and modified it to fit onto your Mustang?

I current have APR Carbon Splitter with chassis mount kit from Liquivinyl sitting in my garage collecting dust because I'm still hesitant... I can't decide if this is the right decision lol

Anyways, looks sick man!
S2000-v2 is the quick release bracket i got and almost fits perfect on the mustang, if my memory serves me correctly was able to use 1 existing hole in the frame and had to drill 1. I also have a brand new apr splitter sitting in my garage but that definetly wont past the stand test. This passes no problem, next up im going to brace the side of the splitter as well, cause by looking at pics looks like the edges are getting pulled down.

20220119_125405_optimized.jpg

20220119_170606_optimized.jpg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Galloping by all those Porsches, looks like your Thoroughbred has got all the kinks out of it and is racing off into the distance. Heh, it's -7 here ,so us Cabin Fever Forum members have to get creative with our writings, ha. Nice pics and the Stang looks super. Appreciate the post for those of us who can only look in the garage at our rides for the next three months or so.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Damn that wrap alone should intimidate 90% of your competition --- absolutely stunning!! And many TMO members will be happy I resisted and did not say, " Boise does she look good?"

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Boise
Damn that wrap alone should intimidate 90% of your competition --- absolutely stunning!! And many TMO members will be happy I resisted and did not say, " Boise does she look good?"
Thanks, spent last year trying to learn new car, hoping this year will improve. Going thru car now, found many questionable things. I guess just because they can doesn't mean they should.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Finally getting a chance to log my first impressions of the MACH1 on track, back on the Ring after six years and relearning the track section after section. For me it was a bit much with it being a tourist day, weather and doing what the instructor says. But once I got to my sixth lap of the day, I calmed down and focused.

racetracker_20952536_331702.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel