The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Race Ramps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It looks as though those that acted quick got a great deal. I found out that Morano Racing took a lost due to a price increase by race ramps.

At Carlisle All Ford Nationals, tried a 67" with my LS and they do work, just touching the splitter, I had Boss2511 watch me pull up on them, they will work...thanks for the help 2511!
For the best part, picked them up for 225.00 and they will fit in the rear seat area, they had been used at a past show, I just happen to be there at the right time.

KYBOSSLS said:
At Carlisle All Ford Nationals, tried a 67" with my LS and they do work, just touching the splitter, I had Boss2511 watch me pull up on them, they will work...thanks for the help 2511!
For the best part, picked them up for 225.00 and they will fit in the rear seat area, they had been used at a past show, I just happen to be there at the right time.

I assume that was for a 2 piece....That was one heck of a deal! I am contemplating whether I should get the 56" vs 67". There seems to be about $100 diff. For $225 that decision would have been made. Something tells to wait and see if they go on sale.

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
Again for reference and to help out with the Race Ramp controversy.....the two piece 67" Race Ramps $334.00 from Amazon are $106.00 more than the 56" version at current prices.

The 67" ramps work without clearance issues on a standard Boss 302, (see GB previous photos) they raise the car 10" verses 8" with the 56" ramps, have less of an incline and the ramp pieces are removable to facilitate working under the car which is the reason for the purchase.

The drive on and off clearance is there with the 67" version but not appreciable (at least with my car), so I would surmise the 56" version has less clearance. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Most of us paid around $50,000 out the door for these cars and if an extra $106.00 is currently not in your budget wait until it is and purchase the 67" version and you won't have any issues.

Just my thoughts. ;D

I just picked up some on http://www.ogracing.com/race-ramps-67-race-ramps-xt-2 for $316 shipped. You will have to add to cart before they will be discounted.

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
+1 on the 67" two piece ramps. I really like mine. Amazon shows $314.99 for them right now. When I ordered mine, Race Ramps had a rebate that consisted of 2 of their wheel chocks. Really nice addition.

Got my ramps today from moranoracing.com, ordered on thurs. shipped on friday. I still need to open the box but everything looks good on the out side. The only complaint I had was they didn't update the order status, showed will ship in 24hrs when I checked again today, then I found them on my porch. Nice surprise..

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
A word to the wise. - I would recommend the 2 piece ramp vice the 1 piece. It's easier to store. I can take these apart and easily carry them in my basement. I think you can probably put the 2-piece in the Boss trunk too. The one piece is about 15-20 dollars less than the 2 piece unit.

Also, from what I have read the 67" Ramp will give approx. 1/2 inch of clearance for you LS owners with the splitter on.

MMD

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
MakeMyDay said:
A word to the wise. - I would recommend the 2 piece ramp vice the 1 piece. It's easier to store. I can take these apart and easily carry them in my basement. I think you can probably put the 2-piece in the Boss trunk too. The one piece is about 15-20 dollars less than the 2 piece unit.

Also, from what I have read the 67" Ramp will give approx. 1/2 inch of clearance for you LS owners with the splitter on.

MMD

That answers my question on if my splitter will clear these ramps. Nope, not if a stock splitter only has 1/2" of clearance. :mad:

Dvendet

PeteInCT said:
MakeMyDay said:

MMD
That answers my question on if my splitter will clear these ramps. Nope, not if a stock splitter only has 1/2" of clearance. :mad:
They sell an extender that works in conjuntion with the 67" ramp that gives much more clearane and should be able to lift cars much lower than even the LS. :) Check this out:

http://www.raceramps.com/xtenders-for-67inch-race-ramps.aspx

MMD

PeteInCT

Connecticut
True but the combined cost is actually a good start for installing a lift in the garage ! ;D

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
Race Ramp clearance instructions. http://www.raceramps.com/images/products/detail/rr-56-measurement.jpg

Dvendet

PeteInCT said:
True but the combined cost is actually a good start for installing a lift in the garage ! ;D
Well you know what they say - if you want to play you got to pay. Remember 5Dots pic that showed the smouldering hundred dollar bill?

MMD

PeteInCT

Connecticut
MakeMyDay said:
PeteInCT said:
That's why I'm putting in a lift!
Gee Pete... I thought you were just joking...That's real cool. I wonder what this will cost you?

MMD

It's not really that bad. This is why I've been looking at:
http://www.dannmar.com/dannmar-products/two-post-lifts/maxjax.asp

You can get it for about $2K. It's not a huge commercial lift, but for home use with limited space it seems to fit the bill pretty well. Once you get the anchors into your garage floor, the lift posts (as well as the compressor) are all portable, you just wheel it out when you need it. That's why I'm saying $500 for the race ramps may not make sense for me. I like their product a lot and have a set I use with my trailer, but for working on the car I'd love not to always be on my knees or on a crawler. A setup like this would even mean chaing oil and rear diff fluid (which I did today) a lot easier.

Dvendet

PeteInCT said:
MakeMyDay said:
PeteInCT said:
That's why I'm putting in a lift!
Gee Pete... I thought you were just joking...That's real cool. I wonder what this will cost you?

MMD

It's not really that bad. This is why I've been looking at:
http://www.dannmar.com/dannmar-products/two-post-lifts/maxjax.asp

You can get it for about $2K. It's not a huge commercial lift, but for home use with limited space it seems to fit the bill pretty well. Once you get the anchors into your garage floor, the lift posts (as well as the compressor) are all portable, you just wheel it out when you need it. That's why I'm saying $500 for the race ramps may not make sense for me. I like their product a lot and have a set I use with my trailer, but for working on the car I'd love not to always be on my knees or on a crawler. A setup like this would even mean chaing oil and rear diff fluid (which I did today) a lot easier.
This lift looks awesome. For you - you could probably justify this. For me - I'm thinking do I get this or for a few hundred more do I go with a full Kooks H-pipe exhaust for the Boss? Tuff choice. Life is full of choices is it not?

MMD

TMO Supporting Vendors