Hello all,
Just looking for some input regarding seat removal and install from track seats to OEM seats. So basically I'm torn between going fully dedicated bucket seats for the track, I recently did another HPDE event that kind of solidified my decision that I've been going back and forth on. So I'm going to start planning on buying seats to use at the track since at the previous event I caught myself having to fix myself back to the seat since I was sliding/moving in my oem seats. My struggle now is deciding if/when I go with the racing seats is, do I leave them in all the time or do I remove them and reinstall the OEM ones back in. So I'm hoping to gather input from those of you who have done one or the other, or if you decided to just leave the race seats in full time. I do drive the car on the street as well when the weather is nice so I'm hoping to retain the stock seatbelts as well.
I am also adding the watson racing 4pt roll bar to add harnesses to the set up, plus looking at different seats out there to narrow my search currently looking at the sparco evo line, and some PCI seat slider brackets to mount the seats when I do purchase them.
Besides the probability of screwing up the threads on the mounting points from removing and reainstalling the seats what other issues do you see or have you seen from taking this approach.
all input is welcome.
Just looking for some input regarding seat removal and install from track seats to OEM seats. So basically I'm torn between going fully dedicated bucket seats for the track, I recently did another HPDE event that kind of solidified my decision that I've been going back and forth on. So I'm going to start planning on buying seats to use at the track since at the previous event I caught myself having to fix myself back to the seat since I was sliding/moving in my oem seats. My struggle now is deciding if/when I go with the racing seats is, do I leave them in all the time or do I remove them and reinstall the OEM ones back in. So I'm hoping to gather input from those of you who have done one or the other, or if you decided to just leave the race seats in full time. I do drive the car on the street as well when the weather is nice so I'm hoping to retain the stock seatbelts as well.
I am also adding the watson racing 4pt roll bar to add harnesses to the set up, plus looking at different seats out there to narrow my search currently looking at the sparco evo line, and some PCI seat slider brackets to mount the seats when I do purchase them.
Besides the probability of screwing up the threads on the mounting points from removing and reainstalling the seats what other issues do you see or have you seen from taking this approach.
all input is welcome.
