The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear P springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
If you went to the track I think you would find it a but tail happy. I found the P springs terrible in the rear if you do not have adjustable LCA to take care of the rear axle. With out it the car was like a crab scuttling sideways!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I think it's okay if you use brackets that will fit the stock LCAs. Lowering the car more than 1" or so with *any* spring without using relocation brackets is a bad idea IMO.

OK, I just bought the P springs, FRRP LCA's & brackets, & adj Panhard bar that Yellow Boss's had listed for sale so that should work out. Still need to get bump stop set. I see GT 500 front upper spring perches listed on some sights, are these worthwhile or are they the same as Boss perches?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
k98dave said:
OK, I just bought the P springs, FRRP LCA's & brackets, & adj Panhard bar that Yellow Boss's had listed for sale so that should work out. Still need to get bump stop set. I see GT 500 front upper spring perches listed on some sights, are these worthwhile or are they the same as Boss perches?

I ran this exact set up with P springs in the back and all stock front for a few months. No issues.
Be sure to install the lowering brackets.
A big improvement in height and handling

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
k98dave said:

They will not fit Boss or other '11+ struts other than GT500s. They also work with older style '05 to '10 struts.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel