The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

REDIRECT

BLAZN BOSS

does anyone else experience redirects on this website?..............When i go into the forums the very first time each day I get a redirect. Does anyone else experience this?........This is the only website it happens to me on.
 
Redirect to where? I have never had that happen before.
 

BLAZN BOSS

redirect to many different places.........but it only happens the first time i use BMO each day..........only this website...........if i dont go here it doesnt happen
 
Probably malware like ^ said. I get errors if I go to the site but am not logged in, it won't load properly, but I have no idea why.

superantispyware is another good free utility
 

BLAZN BOSS

why would it affect 1 website only.............my user stays logged in, i dont have to enter my pasword each time.............agian. this site only. I visit many car/mustang sites.
 
I do not get redirected - but when I come on to the page I have no background colors, pictures or line formatting. Once on to the page if I do a refresh then all the background blue color, LS Boss picture and format shows up. If I leave the page and come back it keeps the color/formatting etc. If I do a CCleaner clean scan (removes cookie info) and it reverts back to the the no color/no picture screen until refreshing again..... This does not happen on any other of the Boss sites or any other sites - so I don't know why this site does it.
 

98RedGT

2012 #552
272
0
MNG_BOSS302 said:
I do not get redirected - but when I come on to the page I have no background colors, pictures or line formatting. Once on to the page if I do a refresh then all the background blue color, LS Boss picture and format shows up. If I leave the page and come back it keeps the color/formatting etc. If I do a CCleaner clean scan (removes cookie info) and it reverts back to the the no color/no picture screen until refreshing again..... This does not happen on any other of the Boss sites or any other sites - so I don't know why this site does it.

I get this occasionally as well
 

BLAZN BOSS

here's the one of the redirects : http://1.29161792.ampnetwork.net/?sid=NUEmXTQIBGQvUyRVQQEuOEUbEjkyHSFcJxEEc3cOfAYAWX11SUVDa2Uefwp%2BXARqfgNzBwFQe3tJTkt0Zgt8F2FYBmR%2FAnBIAg%3D%3D
 
This happens to me as well, firefox ask's if I want to redirect to a third party site. It may be doing that because I don't allow third party cookies. I know there is no malware, spybot search & destroy is pretty thorough and I keep it up to date. Also I get the plain text format when I first show up at the site but the next page is fine. I've just lived with it, nothing malicious has happened the past 8 months so it's not a biggy to me.
 

jec246

Do a search in Google for ampnetwork.net redirect.

You'll find more info for it there.

From what I can tell from those results it is Malware/Spyware.

I use Spybot, Adaware and AVG. They all use different algorithms to search for infected files so they all find different things that I don't want. You can get them all from download.com for free.


Also, for those of you that go BLAZN's link. You might get it as well so I would highly recommend NOT clicking that link.

BLAZN BOSS said:
here's the one of the redirects : ****://1.29161792.ampnetwork.net/?sid=NUEmXTQIBGQvUyRVQQEuOEUbEjkyHSFcJxEEc3cOfAYAWX11SUVDa2Uefwp%2BXARqfgNzBwFQe3tJTkt0Zgt8F2FYBmR%2FAnBIAg%3D%3D
 

BLAZN BOSS

Joe BOSS said:
Do a search in Google for ampnetwork.net redirect.

You'll find more info for it there.

From what I can tell from those results it is Malware/Spyware.

I use Spybot, Adaware and AVG. They all use different algorithms to search for infected files so they all find different things that I don't want. You can get them all from download.com for free.



Also, for those of you that go BLAZN's link. You might get it as well so I would highly recommend NOT clicking that link.

BLAZN BOSS said:
here's the one of the redirects : ****://1.29161792.ampnetwork.net/?sid=NUEmXTQIBGQvUyRVQQEuOEUbEjkyHSFcJxEEc3cOfAYAWX11SUVDa2Uefwp%2BXARqfgNzBwFQe3tJTkt0Zgt8F2FYBmR%2FAnBIAg%3D%3D
Then why does it only affect this website............never shows up on any other I go to?
 

jec246

BLAZN BOSS said:
Joe BOSS said:
Do a search in Google for ampnetwork.net redirect.

You'll find more info for it there.

From what I can tell from those results it is Malware/Spyware.

I use Spybot, Adaware and AVG. They all use different algorithms to search for infected files so they all find different things that I don't want. You can get them all from download.com for free.



Also, for those of you that go BLAZN's link. You might get it as well so I would highly recommend NOT clicking that link.

BLAZN BOSS said:
here's the one of the redirects : ****://1.29161792.ampnetwork.net/?sid=NUEmXTQIBGQvUyRVQQEuOEUbEjkyHSFcJxEEc3cOfAYAWX11SUVDa2Uefwp%2BXARqfgNzBwFQe3tJTkt0Zgt8F2FYBmR%2FAnBIAg%3D%3D
Then why does it only affect this website............never shows up on any other I go to?


Couldn't tell ya. Maybe a keyword or something. I did see a short post on the hosts file, but I think it's a lot more complicated than that. It's not really new a lot of the posts are from 2010. Some say it's a virus, some malware/spyware, some say Browser highjacker, and some even say they have been hacked. The bottom line is that it's something that needs to be fixed and one of those 3 things (Spybot, Adaware or AVG) can fix it for you. I would lean more toward adaware first if it were me. Let us know when you get it fixed and how etc...
 

jec246

boss2511 said:
After a reply I get redirected to the forum section I replied to instead of the thread that I was in. kind of annoying


When posting, below where you type make sure you have "Return to this topic" checked and you shouldn't have that problem.
 

jec246

Maybe somewhere in your profile? Or once you use it once it stays? Not sure.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top