The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rolex 24 Hrs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm head up there right now.
Riding in my bestfriend's Terminator. ;D
Parking in the Corral. Sonic Blue with pink emblems and harnesses. Swing by and say hello. Like putting faces to the names especially with this special bunch. Lol

Qualifying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feZXhAGw9t0&feature=em-uploademail

VoodooBOSS said:
For the guys that are there we need some photos of the GT350R-C and the FGT!

CTSCC is on the net tomorrow. Qualifying is the second link, the 350's are third and fourth and a 302R qualified 10th.

http://www.imsa.com/races/bmw-performance-200-2

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/2016_ICTSC_Daytona_Qualifying.pdf

12646736_10153773223063820_4081400163579883884_o.jpg

12622242_10153773223053820_933933311695568967_o.jpg
1-2 finish!!!!!!!

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Ford corral was pretty cool. Right in front of the main entrance, got a Ford Performance t-shirt, fed us breakfast and lunch and snacks, guest appearances by Lynn St. James, Ryan Briscoe and Joey Hand, great raffle prizes which of course I didn't win! Down in the paddock I ran into Dave Pericak and Raj Nair (sic). Lots of Ford brass around. The FGT looks and sounds great. Pictures to come when I get home as I'm old school with a Canon pocket camera. I didn't count but there were at least 20 "old" Fort GT's parked in the corral. Good to see them being driven.

Fomoco302 said:
Ford corral was pretty cool. Right in front of the main entrance, got a Ford Performance t-shirt, fed us breakfast and lunch and snacks, guest appearances by Lynn St. James, Ryan Briscoe and Joey Hand, great raffle prizes which of course I didn't win! Down in the paddock I ran into Dave Pericak and Raj Nair (sic). Lots of Ford brass around. The FGT looks and sounds great. Pictures to come when I get home as I'm old school with a Canon pocket camera. I didn't count but there were at least 20 "old" Fort GT's parked in the corral. Good to see them being driven.
Sounds like a great time!

SRSLY only 8 cars in GS, there used to be 30 cars in that class. Looks like the combination of NASCAR influence along with the ALMS style administration finally killed that series....Teams had been threatening to do this, I guess they weren't kidding.

blacksheep-1 said:
SRSLY only 8 cars in GS, there used to be 30 cars in that class. Looks like the combination of NASCAR influence along with the ALMS style administration finally killed that series....Teams had been threatening to do this, I guess they weren't kidding.
It's pretty sad that's for sure. That won't stop me from attending this years race at LS though.

I didn't see much of the race just some quick high lights but what happened to the GT's? I saw something on one with a brake like leak and another had tire issues. So what did I miss. I suppose we will have to listen to those commercials from Corvette Racing types how they "beat" the new FORD GT. Hope they get it together in time for Lemans!

k98dave said:
I didn't see much of the race just some quick high lights but what happened to the GT's? I saw something on one with a brake like leak and another had tire issues. So what did I miss. I suppose we will have to listen to those commercials from Corvette Racing types how they "beat" the new FORD GT. Hope they get it together in time for Lemans!

Both had mechanical issues early on. The 66, and maybe the 67 too, suffered shifting issues. Both were fast and had the pace they needed, but were effectively out of the race with only 2 hours into the race when they went 10+ laps down.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Yes they both suffered from shifting issues, the transmission or software went down. It was very unfortunate too as they have used this same transmission before without issue. It looked like the low end gears went out as they seemed to of had no power coming out of the turns. One GT was almost rear ended by the Action Express Corvette when it couldn't accelerate as expected.

They were very exciting to watch when they were running strong.

As for the race, the GTLM class was exciting to watch when the Team Corvette C7-R's, took positions 1-2. Nice to see American Muscle over take the Porsche Teams.

Then with 20 minutes to go, we heard the Corvette Team Manager on the radio give both drivers the "OK to race, but be nice" and it was pure racing excitement! I was surprised to see the Corvette drivers battling one another so hard for the lead, it could have been disastrous!

Then it was a drag race to the checker flag and they finished almost side by side with first place being won by a fenders length! Very exciting finish.

I know many of us cringe, but Congrats to the Corvette Team for bring home an American Manufacturer class win at the Rolex 24 hours of Daytona.

302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors