The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 RTR Spec 1 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome and what wheels and rubber have to shod your beast with to put all the power down? Looks like you have used alot of Steeda products and they do a nice job on Mustang upgrades. Glad to have you on TMO!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Denver, NC
Welcome and what wheels and rubber have to shod your beast with to put all the power down? Looks like you have used alot of Steeda products and they do a nice job on Mustang upgrades. Glad to have you on TMO!
Just street wheels and tires right now. 20s on NT555G2s. My next big investment will be Apex 18s and Geforce Rival S 1.5.

I think I'm done with the suspension and powertrain....for now, lol

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Just street wheels and tires right now. 20s on NT555G2s. My next big investment will be Apex 18s and Geforce Rival S 1.5.

I think I'm done with the suspension and powertrain....for now, lol
I ran a few sets of Rivals. They're not bad. But I found the Goodyear Supercar 3s are better, even the non-'R's.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would probably skip the Rivals as BFG is not aggressively participating in the Track/Autocross wars like others and the Rival S1.5 is not near the top of the heap as much anymore, though they are pretty good for a dual purpose tire ( autocross and track ). I have run BFGs many times over the pas 42+ years and they seem to get involved in the aggressive tire competition , do pretty well and then seemingly drop out. You might call Luke Pavlik ( extra. 4362 ) at Tire Rack , though do it soon as he is running " One Lap of America." He has been at the Rack for 25+ years and tracks and autocrosses himself so you get a real Trackrat who knows what is happening and what is coming. He can give you a solid idea on what might work best for your SC'd beast.

TMO Supporting Vendors