The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 S16 Mustang Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

Nice and sanitary, have had the aeroquip hood pins on my last two Mustangs and they do add that extra bit of security --plus they look cool!

Thanks for the suggestion Bill.

Nice. Did you remove or change the position of the center latch in any way?

I thought maybe I would depending on how solidly the hood is planted with just the pins. While they will keep the hood from coming up if the latch lets go, they are mounted just into the hood skin and the hood can deflect vertically fairly easily with just the pins. So for now I will leave the latch on. On a carbon hood I bet the pins alone would be just fine.

Did another day at Laguna today. Perfect conditions, great time out.

The car is great, very well balanced and fun to drive. Well save for one thing, it just really feels like it needs to lose 600lbs. But I can’t do that without going full race car. Ah first world problems!

as I develop better feel for the car and how it’s moving I’m finding the steering lacking response. But most people I speak with say that’s probably mostly the NT01’s. Anyone else here found the same? Still trying to figure out what to go with next.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal
Did another day at Laguna today. Perfect conditions, great time out.

The car is great, very well balanced and fun to drive. Well save for one thing, it just really feels like it needs to lose 600lbs. But I can’t do that without going full race car. Ah first world problems!

as I develop better feel for the car and how it’s moving I’m finding the steering lacking response. But most people I speak with say that’s probably mostly the NT01’s. Anyone else here found the same? Still trying to figure out what to go with next.
Not sure what type of tire you're looking for but I really liked the Supercar 3 (non R). Good pace and last awhile. I think a solid replacement for the NT01's

Thanks Eric. Those were top of my list till I saw they only come in decent widths in 19’s.

I can get a set of Nankang AR1’s for a decent price so think I’ll try those out in 315/30/18. Steering response on them is much better than NT01’s per my track buddies that run them too.

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
Thanks Eric. Those were top of my list till I saw they only come in decent widths in 19’s.

I can get a set of Nankang AR1’s for a decent price so think I’ll try those out in 315/30/18. Steering response on them is much better than NT01’s per my track buddies that run them too.
Im putting a set of these in couple of weeks time on my 19" Apex in 305/30 so will see how they go on the track day that i have on 27 august

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria

I run 305/30 AR1's on my S550 and I'm very happy with the performance from the tires. Only have like 10 laps on them but very happy with the grip from them.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel